Friday, December 31, 2010

Bringing in 2011!

This year has been a crazy year.  I rediscovered my love for reading, and I couldn't be happier about that.  There were a lot of good reads, and some not so good reads.  So here's a recap of the year, the best and the worst!
The Best


     As Stephen King is one of my favorite authors, I did read a lot of his work this year and some of them happened to be some of my favorite reads.  I read both Black House and The Talisman, both written with help by Peter Straub, and they were two very good reads.  Duma Key: A Novel was a good one as well.
     Some other favorites of the year were The Other Boleyn GirlA Thousand Splendid SunsScarlet Song, and Wild Ginger: A Novel.  I found that I have a love of historical fiction, and non-western literature.
     Overall, one of my biggest accomplishments for the year was definitely finishing The Stand: Expanded Edition: For the First Time Complete and Uncut.  At over 1,000 pages, it was a long journey, but it was well worth it and I really enjoyed the novel.  Definitely something that you have to have time to do, but its good, even if you're not a Stephen King or a horror fan.
The Worst

     Honestly, I didn't read very many bad books this year.  One of those reasons was probably because I didn't get to read very many books, but I did get through a good many.
     Bedlam: A Novel of Love and Madness and The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel were both by far the worst things I read.  I couldn't finish either of them.  Maybe one that I will pick them up again, but I just could not make myself finish reading those books.  But overall, if those were the worst books I read this year, then I would say that I'm in pretty good shape!
2011 Goals
     I have a specific page with all the books that I hope to get through, and we'll see what books I swap out and replace or books I add throughout the year.  I'm hoping that I can stay motivated, but I think that joining Goodreads.com is really going to help me get through all of these books.  Mostly, I'm trying to get through all of the classics that I know I should read and have just never gotten around to.  I'm looking forward to this coming year, and all it has to bring, and I hope you all are too!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh hee and haw!!! I read The Stand-Uncut twice. It's a heavy load, but I do suggest that later you go back and read it again, you'll never believe what you missed.

Susan said...

Oh hee and haw!!! I read The Stand-Uncut twice. It's a heavy load, but I do suggest that later you go back and read it again, you'll never believe what you missed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...