10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do
- You must not expect results overnight. 3 - This is hard for me, but I'm working on it!
- You must not ignore your readers. 5 (I love my readers :] )
- You must not scrape another bloggers content. 5 (Don't think I've ever done this)
- You must not expect success without promoting. 4 (I tweet, a lot!)
- You must not be another blogger. 3 (Trying really hard with this.
- You must not fail to update your blog regularly. 3.5 (Sometimes I'm kinda bad about it.)
- You must not ignore SEO (Search Engine Optimization). 2 (I don't even know what this is really!)
- You must not ignore networking. 4 (I try really hard to network, I do a pretty good job)
- You must not have an unreadable/unnavigable site. 4 (I have a simple layout, but I have been told my font was too small before I changed it.)
- You must not throw mud around. 5 (I've never done anything like that)
- Read the post, 10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do.
- Rate yourself (on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being muy excellente) on each point. How are you doing?
- Brainstorm examples of what you can/will do to improve your ratings in those areas that could use improvement. And/or:
- If you feel you’re doing particularly great in one area, share examples of how you’ve reached such excellence.
I guess I'm doing pretty good with this. I think one of my struggles is making sure that I have original content in my blog. I want to make sure that I'm not just doing weekly meme's and generic reviews. I'm striving to make this a blog that people actually want to read. I also know basically nothing about SEO, though I have gotten my blog listed on a few sites. Overall, I think I'm doing decent, but there's always room for improvement!