Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bloggiesta Mini Challenge!


10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do
  1. You must not expect results overnight. 3 - This is hard for me, but I'm working on it!
  2. You must not ignore your readers. 5 (I love my readers :] )
  3. You must not scrape another bloggers content. 5 (Don't think I've ever done this)
  4. You must not expect success without promoting. 4 (I tweet, a lot!)
  5. You must not be another blogger. 3  (Trying really hard with this.
  6. You must not fail to update your blog regularly. 3.5 (Sometimes I'm kinda bad about it.)
  7. You must not ignore SEO (Search Engine Optimization). 2 (I don't even know what this is really!)
  8. You must not ignore networking. 4 (I try really hard to network, I do a pretty good job)
  9. You must not have an unreadable/unnavigable site. 4 (I have a simple layout, but I have been told my font was too small before I changed it.)
  10. You must not throw mud around.  5 (I've never done anything like that)
Now for the challenge:

  1. Read the post, 10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do.
  2. Rate yourself (on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being muy excellente) on each point. How are you doing?
  3. Brainstorm examples of what you can/will do to improve your ratings in those areas that could use improvement. And/or:
  4. If you feel you’re doing particularly great in one area, share examples of how you’ve reached such excellence.
My results are: 38 out of 50
 I guess I'm doing pretty good with this.  I think one of my struggles is making sure that I have original content in my blog.  I want to make sure that I'm not just doing weekly meme's and generic reviews.  I'm striving to make this a blog that people actually want to read.  I also know basically nothing about SEO, though I have gotten my blog listed on a few sites.  Overall, I think I'm doing decent, but there's always room for improvement!

1 comment:

alitareads said...

I don't know much about SEO either, so I plan on having hubby help me with it :) Best of luck for the rest of the weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...