Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Feature! New Release Tuesday!

So, I'm rolling out a new feature! New Release Tuesday!
How does it work? With this feature, every week, I'll be posting some of the newest releases in books and music.
Will you be posting ALL new releases? No, I don't think I have the time or the space for that, so I'll only pick a few from each category that I'm interested in. I'll provide links where you can look at other new releases though!
Can I create a post with some other new releases, too? I would LOVE to see some of the other things that my other readers are interested in! Of course you can post your own releases that you're excited about. I'll post a linkup tool so that others can see them as well :]
book cover of It's Not Really About Hair by Tabatha CoffeyTitle: Its Not Really About the Hair: The Honest Truth About Life, Love and the Business of Beauty
Author: Tabatha Coffey
Release Date: January 25, 2011
Summary: (From Barnes & Noble) Fans of the hit Bravo show Tabatha's Salon Takeover tune in for the straight-shooting, unvarnished commentary of its ballsy, stylish, and savvy star. Though millions admire Tabatha Coffey's unflinching honesty and never-say-die attitude, some do not and have even taken to name-calling. Refusing to let others define her, she has reclaimed the word "bitch," transforming it to fit the person she is: Brave, Intelligent, Tenacious, Creative, and Honest.
In It's Not Really About the Hair, this deeply private woman shares the experiences of her own life to encourage you to get in touch with your own inner bitch. Tabatha reveals how she used her strength and openness to help define her signature look, personal relationships, life choices, and tenacious work ethic—one that in her own words likens her to "a pit bull with a bone." Here are the people and the circumstances that have led her to a place of honesty, self-assurance, satisfaction, and success—from her tough-minded mum to her famous mentors, her peers, and clients.
Part memoir, part business manual, and part coaching guide on achieving self-acceptance and love, It's Not Really About the Hair teaches you that it's all right to be who you are, stand up for what you believe in, and do what makes you happy without being defined by others.
Tabatha Coffey's raw, funny, shocking, and always inspirational story will encourage you to celebrate the long-lasting and most important beauty of all—the true beauty that is you.
Why I'm Excited: I'm excited about this because I really love her show on Bravo. Not only that, but she seems like a very genuine person and a very strong woman, and honestly, we need more of them in the world!
book cover of The Red Garden by Alice HoffmanTitle: The Red Garden
Author: Alice Hoffman
Release Date: January 25, 2011
Summary: (From Barnes & Noble ) The Red Garden introduces us to the luminous and haunting world of Blackwell, Massachusetts. Hoffman offers a transforming glimpse of small-town America, presenting us with some three hundred years of passion, dark secrets, loyalty, and redemption in a web of tales.
From the town’s founder, a brave young woman from England who has no fear of blizzards or bears, to the young man who runs away to New York City, the characters in The Red Garden are extraordinary and vivid: a young wounded Civil War soldier who is saved by a neighbor, a woman who meets a fiercely human historical character, a poet who falls in love with a blind man, a mysterious traveler who comes to town in the year when summer never arrives. At the center of everyone’s life is a garden where only red plants can grow, and where the truth can be found by those who dare to look. The Red Garden is as unforgettable as it is moving.
Why I'm Excited: I can't say that I'm really excited about this, but after reading the summary, this book intrigues me and I don't think that I would mind reading it!
Matisyahu Live at Stubb's: Vol II album coverAlbum Title: Live at Stubb's: Vol II
Artist: Matisyahu
Genre: Reggae
Release Date: February 1, 2011
Why I'm excited: I love Matisyahu. The music is so chill, nothing loud and heavy and the lyrics aren't vulgar and generally have nice messages. That might sound silly, but sometimes, that's really nice. Want to hear a sample? Listen to this song. Its great :]






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...