Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Sunday Salon (3)

Edition #3 of the Sunday Salon.  Remember that if you want to become a participant, log onto Facebook.com and join the group!


I hate that I haven't posted a whole lot this week.  Since I'm getting into the groove of the semester, my reading is going to slow down, which I hate.  I didn't finish ANYTHING this week. :[


Current Reads
I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring and I'm diggin it right now.  I watched the movie again a few days ago and there are a lot of similarities between the movie and the book that I've noticed so far, but there are definitely a lot of differences, too.  Overall, from what I can tell right now, they did a pretty good job of translating the book into a screenplay.
I'm also working on Little Women.  That's my immediate read.  And I struggled to get into it.  And I guess I like it so far. It is not my favorite, by far.  The March's are a little too perfect for my taste.  But, I'm not even halfway through, so maybe something will change my mind.
I haven't made any more progress on Anna Karenina, which isn't a bad thing, since I wasn't scheduled to start it until this week.  So I'm technically ahead, which is always a good thing.


Bloggiesta!  Ole!
For those of you that didn't participate, you really should have, and you can still do it!  Bloggiesta is basically a blog-a-thon hosted by Maw Books.  You can see her post about it, and you can see the goals that I set for myself here.  This really gave me an excuse to get everything together, get a few things accomplished that I was trying to.  I learned how to use Google Forms, got my blog listed and a bunch of other things.  Unfortunately, I did not get anything done today, which makes me pretty sad, but I had other pressing things.  So, I'm just going to keep this list I have an continue pressing on  until I complete it!


I had a million other things to post, but I can't remember any of them now.  Until next week! 

1 comment:

unfinishedperson.com said...

Sheesh. The Fellowship of the Ring, Anna Karenina and Little Women. That would be enough for me for several weeks. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...