So, to put it plainly, I love it. I really do. I got the Nook Wifi, rather than the Nook Color. I wanted the E-ink screen, since I will be using it only for books. If you have magazine subscriptions and such, I would suggest spending the extra money and buying a Nook Color, since it has the LCD screen.
Anyway, back to my review. The setup was easy, and it is very easy to use. The bottom LCD screen makes for easy navigation and when you need to use the keyboard, if you have a touchscreen phone, this is even easier to use that that. Other perks include:
- B&N Shop - You can access the B&N shop directly from the device if you're connected to Wifi and you can browse ebooks by category, or you can directly search for what you're looking for.
- In-store Reading - A cool feature that Barnes and Noble offers is that you can read any ebook for free while you are in one of their stores, however there is a one hour time limit.
- Built-in Dictionary - A feature that I love is the built in dictionary. When I'm reading historical fiction, sometimes I come across terms I'm unfamiliar with and I can just highlight the word and it looks it up for me, without being connected to wifi.
- File Types - It supports .epub, .pdf, and many other formats. The Kindle will support amazon files, .mobi and .pdf and if you use the ebook management software, Calibre, you can convert most other file types to suit your needs.
- LendMe Techonology - Another neat feature, is the lending techonology that it has. If a book has the lend me emblem next to it, you can lend it to any other Nook user for 14 days. During that time, you can not access the file, just like if you were lending an actual book. I believe that the Kindle has recently started using this technology as well.
- Store Support - Though I have not had any problems with mine, I have been told by several people that the store support is great and that they are good about replacing your device if certain problems arise, even without an extended warranty.
Overall, I love this ereader. Like I said previously, this will never take the place of a real book, but it is a great addition to my library. I would highly recommend this device to anyone!