Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Release Tuesday! (3)

Here's a weekly feature where I share what I'm excited about for the upcoming week in both books and music.  I only feature one or two for each category, but there a LOADS of new releases every Tuesday and you can find them by visiting B&N.com or FYE.com!
book cover of Sing you Home by Jodi PicoultTitle:  Sing You Home
Author:  Jodi Picoult
Release Date:  March 2011
Summary:  (From Barnes and Noble)   Every life has a soundtrack. All you have to do is listen.
Music has set the tone for most of Zoe Baxter’s life. There’s the melody that reminds her of the summer she spent rubbing baby oil on her stomach in pursuit of the perfect tan. A dance beat that makes her think of using a fake ID to slip into a nightclub. A dirge that marked the years she spent trying to get pregnant.
For better or for worse, music is the language of memory. It is also the language of love.
In the aftermath of a series of personal tragedies, Zoe throws herself into her career as a music therapist. When an unexpected friendship slowly blossoms into love, she makes plans for a new life, but to her shock and inevitable rage, some people—even those she loves and trusts most—don’t want that to happen.
Sing You Home is about identity, love, marriage, and parenthood. It’s about people wanting to do the right thing for the greater good, even as they work to fulfill their own personal desires and dreams. And it’s about what happens when the outside world brutally calls into question the very thing closest to our hearts: family.
Why I'm Excited:  I can't say that I'm particularly excited, but once again, I have a lot of friends that love Jodi Picoult and have read everything by her.  Tear jerkers aren't really my thing, but I have been told that she's a phenomenal writer, so I hope that someone finds this of interest!
Emmure Speaker of the Dead album coverAlbum Title:  Speaker of the Dead
Artist:  Emmure
Genre:  Hardcore?
Release Date:  February 15, 2011
Why I'm Excited:  Actually, I'm really not excited about this, at all.  However, my lovely boyfriend is excited about this, so I thought this warranted a post about it.  This is not for people who won't listen to music with screaming in it.  These guys are, in my humble opinion, a direct ripoff of the Acacia Strain.  But, for the style that they play, they are not bad.  However, its just not my cup of tea.  From the track listing and the single that  has been released, this album is written for the game Street Fighter and its pretty ridiculous.  But, if you like Bring me the Horizon, The Acacia Strain or anything like that then this wouldn't be a bad album for you to check out.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...