Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Release Tuesday (4)

Here's a weekly feature where I share what I'm excited about for the upcoming week in both books and music.  I only feature one or two for each category, but there a LOADS of new releases every Tuesday and you can find them by visiting B&N.com or FYE.com!
Title:  The Scarlet Gospels
Author:  Clive Barker
Release Date:  Unannounced :(
Summary:  If you keep up with Clive Barker at all, then you know that this is almost a continuation of The Hellbound Heart.  There's no official summary or cover art, but there is this, which was posted on Clive Barker's website:
"...Having long grown out of its 'short story' format, The Scarlet Gospels (the long-awaited Pinhead versus Harry D'Amour story) continued to expand to at least 230,000 words long.
Whilst our friend with the pins might think he has exacted some kind of influence over the publication date, knowing his fate is contained within its pages, he has perhaps not reckoned on his author teaming up with the fearsome writer and editor, Mark Miller...
Clive's taken an extended break before completing the final draft, during which time he has instead completed Mister B. Gone, the third book of the continuing Abarat series and the stories for Black is the Devil's Rainbow, but Mark's involvement now brings Scarlet Gospels much closer to a clear delivery date."
Why I'm Excited:  I loved the Hellraiser movies.  They're some of my favorite horror films of all time.  I recently finished The Hellbound Heart and discovered that this was in the works.  Apparently its going to explore more into the cenabites, which I think will be very interesting.  So, I'd like him to just release it already! :]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...