Thursday, May 5, 2011

2011 Challenge Update!

So I've posted a general update as to how I' doing in my overall challenge this year.  However, I'm taking part in several challenges over the course of the year, and I've made a lot of headway on a few of them!  Here's a rundown of the challenges, how I'm doing, if I think that I'm going to finish, and where you can sign up if you're interested!




Click the Button to Sign Up!

Challenge #1 - Book Chick City's Stephen King Challenge
Stephen King is one of my all time favorite writers, and there are a lot of his works that I haven't read.  OF COURSE I was going to participate in this.  For this, I challenged myself to the first tier, which was to read 6 books by him.  I'm halfway finished with this challenge as of now.  I have read It, The Colorado Kid, and Desperation.
There's a second tier, which is to read 12 books, and when I finish the first one, I may just challenge myself to read 6 more.  If you want to sign up, you can do so anytime this year, all you have to do is click the badge to the left!

Click the button to Sign up!

Challenge #2 - The Lit Bitch's Outlander Challenge
I read the first book in the Outlander series at the very beginning of the year.  I finished it in about 3 days, all 800 pages.  I LOVED it, I thought it was amazing.  So when I saw this challenge, I knew I had to jump right in.
Unfortunately for me, I just haven't had the opportunity to read the next book in the series.  I can't really make a prediction as to whether or now I will finish this.  I'd like to, but we'll see where the rest of this year takes me.
If you're interested in signing up for this challenge, click the button on the right!

Click the button to Sign up!
Challenge #3 - Retroredux Review's Forgotten Treasures Challenge
One of the things that I set out to do this year was to read classics that I had never read before.  So when I saw this challenge, I knew that this would be a good one to participate in.  In order to be used in the challenge, the copy that you read must have been published before 1986.  For me, this is no problem since my mother has most of her old books in the house, many of them from a long time ago.
I challenged myself to the level 2 tier, to read at least 7 books.  I'm over halfway there, with 4 out of 7 read.  I have read Heart of Darkness, Slaughterhouse-Five, It, and Welcome to the Monkey House.  All of which are old copies that my mother had.  I don't think it will be a problem for me to finish these :]
If you're interesting in this challenge, click the button on the left!

Challenge #4 - The Ladybug Reads' E-Book Challenge
Click the button to Sign up!
I got my Nook in December, and its probably one of the greatest inventions anyone ever thought of.  So, naturally, I wanted to participate in this.  There are tons of tiers for this one, but I went with the "Obsessed" tier and challenged myself to read 20 e-books.  And I have no doubt that I will finish this one with no problem at all!  I'm already almost halfway finished, with 9 our of the 20 completed.  Some of the books I've read for this challenge are Pillars of the Earth, and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  To see a complete list, you can visit this page.
If you're interested in participating in this, you can click the button on the right to find more information on the signup page!

Overall, I would have to say that I'm making pretty good progress.  Of course, its still pretty early in the year.  In the next few months I'll share another update.  Who knows, maybe I'll have a challenge completed by then.

Have a challenge you'd like to share?  Share in the comments, maybe I might like to join in myself!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...