Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Wrap Up

So the month of May was a good one for me.  It being the first month of my summer vacation, I'm still adjusting to not having to go to class and just being at work a lot of the time.  However, since I have no class, and no studying, I have gotten a lot of books read this month!

Good Reads
Unfortunately, this month there just weren't a lot of books that stood out to me. I did read the first of the Harry Potter series over again (though the "review" hasn't been posted) and that was one of my favorites.  Everything was good, but nothing was REALLY good.  Two that I did like that I remember very well are Desperation and The Regulators, both by Stephen King.  They were set with the same cast of characters, just in alternate universes, which made for a very interesting read.  Oh, I almost forgot Cat's Cradle, another Vonnegut read.  That was one of his brilliant works, I did really enjoy that one.  Other than that, nothing really stood out.

Movie Reviews?
Yes, I actually have started doing movie reviews on my blog.  I like watching movies and I like watching Book to Movie adaptations, sometimes.  I know a lot of people that read book blogs skip over things that aren't reading related, so they're there for people that want them, and people that don't can skip them.  I saw two movies in theaters this month, but I only have one review posted.  All of the reviews for the month, both book and film will be at the end of the post.

June promises to be a busy month in terms of work and other things, so hopefully I can keep the train going and read as much next month!  Here's a list of the books and the movies that I reviewed.  I hope everyone had a good month of May and you have an amazing June to look forward to :]

Desperation by Stephen King
The Regulators by Stephen King
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Blockade Billy by Stephen King
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling

Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides
The Hangover Part II

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...