Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Favorite Bookstores

Okay, so I have an obsession.

I buy too many books.  I buy books before I have the ones that are already on my shelf read.  I know I'm not the only one that does this.  I've seen others blog about it, and my friends that actually read have the same problem.
But who doesn't love a good bookstore?  Really?  I love my local Books-A-Million, and I have to drive 45 minutes to my nearest Barnes&Noble, which I love anyway, but there are a few good/amazing used book stores in the area.
I live in a small town, and we have a tiny used bookstore called Booklover's Bookstore.  I actually haven't been there, but my grandmother goes there every time that she comes to visit.  That's on my list of things to do, is visit this place.  I LOVE used bookstores, you can usually find some really great deal.

Prime example:  2nd and Charles.  There are actually only 2 locations of this bookstore, one of them is in Alabama and the other is in Augusta, GA, which is about 45 minutes from where I live.  And this place....oh, I have no words.
This isn't just a used bookstore, they have book, audiobooks, comic books, CD's, DVD's, records, games, game consoles, everything that you can think of.  I went in with some friends a few weeks ago to get rid of come books that I had that I was never going to read again.  It went into the building that used to be a Books-A-Million, so its pretty large.  I went to the counter to give them my books, and while I was waiting on them to call my number, I was almost hyperventilating I was so excited about the selection that they had.  Yes, I do get THAT excited about books.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a HUGE Stephen King fan, so that was the first place that I went.  I started looking for hardcovers of books that I had yet to read, and I found my copy of Desperation that I recently reviewed.  I looked at the cover and realized that it was one of the first editions that was printed with the cover that matched The Regulators.  So I kept looking, and sure enough, I found the matching book.  Both are in awesome condition.  And I got both of them for under $12 each.  TALK about being excited.

Anyway, I love bookstores.  2nd and Charles, right now, is hands down my favorite used bookstore right now.  However, there are several other bookstores, some in downtown Augusta that I really need to visit.  So expect more posts from me about my other local bookstores.

Who else has a favorite bookstore?  Whether its a chain, or a local indie bookstore, I wanna hear about it!  Share with us  :]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...