Monday, May 30, 2011

REVIEW: Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

book cover of Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Title: Cat's Cradle
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
Date Published: First published in 1963
Genre: Adult Fiction, Science Fiction
Page Count: 192 pages
Challenge: E-Book Challenge

Since I picked up my first novel by Vonnegut, I have been in love, and this was no exception.  One of the greatest things that I love about Vonnegut is his humor.  His writing is so poignant, but its so wildly funny at the same time, its a complete contradiction.

One of the finniest things about this novel to me was Bokononism.  The religion.  I can't even say much about this, you just need to read the book for yourself.
Anyway, the narrator of this book is John, as he tried to write a biography on Dr. Hoenikker, who is the inventor of an odd thing called "Ice-9."  He has 3 strange children, one of which being a midget and another one who becomes involved in the military of a country that I think is something like Cuba.

Honestly, this is one of those books that I can review, but you have to read to really have any idea of what I'm talking about.  If you're a fan of Vonnegut and you haven't read this, you need to.  This is one of his best works.  Funny in his own way, while being satirical and funny.  Please, just read this book!  Ready, set, GO!

I give this book a 4.5 out of 5!

Think you might want to give this book a try? Read other reviews or order from Amazon.com  Cat's Cradle: A Novel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...