Tuesday, May 3, 2011

So far, so good! Update.

So, its officially May, and in the next two days, I will be finished with my exams and the semester will be over!  I won't have anything to worry about until August and I could not be more happy about that.
My blogging has suffered since February or so and that makes me really sad but everything in school came all at one time which means that other things had to take a back seat. 

So far this year though, I'm still on track in terms of my goals in numbers, but not so much in terms of the actual titles that I said I was going to read.  I originally set out saying that this was going to be a year that I was going to get a lot of the classics read that I hadn't read yet.  You can see the list that I originally made here.
According to my Goodreads, I have read 15 out of 40 books, which equates to 7,517 pages so far.  So, I feel like I'm making pretty good progress.  I keep telling myself I'm going to get on the list of the things that I'm SUPPOSED to read....we'll see.

So, here's a quick recap of some of the things that I liked and that I haven't liked.

Good Reads
Most of the things that I've read this year so far have been really good!  Some of my favorites were definitely in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  The movies are some of my favorites and the books are some of my favorites as well.  Pillars of the Earth was another good one.
One of the authors that I have discovered this year is Kurt Vonnegut.  I got a hold of my mother's copy of Slaughterhouse-Five and fell in love.  I've read several things of his that weren't on my list, but they'll forever be some of my favorites.

Some not so good reads....
Honestly. so far there are very few thing that I've read that I didn't like.  There were a few things that I struggled through, though.  Heart of Darkness was one of them.  I finished it in one day, but it was so hard for me to get through it for some reason.  The Colorado Kid was another one of those books that I liked, but wasn't my favorite.  But, overall, most of the things that I have read this year have been good.

Hopefully I can get back on track with my list of things to read, but we'll see how things pan out in the following months.  Below is all the books that I have read and reviewed thus far this year with links to my reviews and links to Goodreads!

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet     [My Review  | Goodreads]
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
1984 by George Orwell     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
It by Stephen King     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
The Bone Woman by Clea Koff     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
Welcome to the Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
The Colorado Kid by Stephen King     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker     [My Review  |  Goodreads]
The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien     [My Review  |  Goodreads]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...