Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Sunday Salon (9)

Edition #9 of the Sunday Salon.  Remember that if you want to become a participant, log onto Facebook.com and join the group!


Productivity...
I actually had a pretty productive week in terms of reading.  I finished several books and got some reviews up.  I also decided that I was going to post some movie reviews as well.  Originally, I had posed the question to twitter.  I didn't get much of a response, but the wonderful Ashley from Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing (@BasicallyBooks, follow her twitter and blog!) let me in on her secret that she always skips movie posts or almost anything else that doesn't involve reading!  I'm sure that there are a lot of people that do that as well, but I'm not really concerned with that.  People might skip it, but its not going to be the primary concern of my blog so it can't hurt! Its there for people that want to read them, and people that don't can skip them :]


Series Reading
I started the Harry Potter series again.  I'm just a little bit through the first book.  I'm trying to finish a review request before I get too far into the series.  Also, when I was browsing the Nook Book store and decided to buy The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1) again (my copy that was published in the 80's is nowhere to be found) I think I've decided that I want to read that series again as well.  Its been so long since I've read it and I finished it at the beginning of high school, which would make it about 8 years ago.  I also feel like I would get more out of it by reading it again since I was so young when I read it the first time.  So, it looks like this is going to be a year of re-reads for me, but I don't think there's a problem with that.  Especially with the Dark Tower series, because they are phenomenal.


Book Lending
Okay, so I have a question for my blogging friends.  How often do you lend your hard copies out to people?  I've been known to do it from time to time, but it seems like every time I do, I never get my books back.  Its even worse when you ask the person a million times if they have your copy and they continually tell you that they lost it, and then you see it the next time you go the their house.  And its funny when they tell you that its not your copy, but theirs.  I've lost several books this way, including Jane EyreWorld War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, and I think that's what happened to my copy of The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1).  So, how do you say "No, you can't borrow my book because I know you won't give it back to me," without looking like a jerk?  Or is there even a way to do that?  Just interested to see if anyone else has this problem and how they handle it.




I think that's all I have for this week.  I hope everyone had a wonderful week, and as always, happy reading! :]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...