Monday, May 30, 2011

This Weeks Reads (2)

Here's my reads for this week and how I'm feeling about them.  If I get these finished, hopefully I'll get some more things started!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling
I love the Harry Potter series.  Originally, I never wanted to read them, I thought they were stupid and I could not understand why anyone would want to read them.  And then one day my mom grabbed the paperback and brought it home and stuck it on my dresser.  I didn't have anything else to read, so I picked it up.  My opinion was immediately changed.  If you've read my Sunday Salon post from a few weeks back, you know that I haven't read the last two in the series, so I'm trying to reread the first books and get through the next ones.  Sometimes when you reread things, you realize that maybe it wasn't as phenomenal as you thought it was the first time.  I have no worries of that with this book.  I know I'm going to love it.  I'm not very far yet, but maybe I can get it finished by the end of this week.

The Dream Crystal by Mark O'Bannon
Okay, I've gotten further in this, I'm about a third of the way through it.  And quite honestly, I'm not a fan of the main character.  I don't know, she just has this attitude that rubs me the wrong way.  You have to feel bad for her because she was snatched from her home when she was a child, lived 18 years in a house that never felt like a home and now finds out who she really is, all in this whirlwind way, but her attitude is just...I don't know.  There is also a lot of time spent on describing what each of the characters is wearing every time there is a costume change.  Sometimes I see it as unnecessary.  Overall, the book is okay.  So far.  There's still a loft of book to get through though!

So those are my reads this week.  A lot less that last week because I got some things finished and there are still some reviews to be posted so be on the lookout!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...