Thursday, June 2, 2011

Movie Review: The Hangover Part 2

The Hangover Part II movie poster
Title:  The Hangover Part 2
Release Date:  May 26, 2011
Run Time: 1 hour and 42 minutes
Genre:  Comedy
Rating:  B

I loved the first Hangover, I thought that it was one of the funniest movies that I had seen in a long time.  So, naturally when Part 2 came out, I wanted to see it in theaters and so did my boyfriend.  I did have reservations, however.  I mean, how often is the sequel of a movie as good as the original?  I'm happy to report, this one came pretty close!

So this time, instead of Doug getting married, its Stu's turn.  His wife is from Thailand, where they decide to have the wedding.  Everyone's invited, Paul, Doug, and even Alan.  So, you know that if Alan is invited, madness will ensue.
So the guys wake up in Bangkok, no idea where they are, Stu has a tattoo on his face, and his finance's little brother is missing.  So of course, they have to set out to find him before the wedding.  Doug gets lucky and get back to the resort before the madness really starts.
There's a smoking monkey, Alan shaves his head,  Paul gets shot, and Chow dies....kind of.  Its insanity, but its freaking hilarious.  There are a lot of the same elements from the first movie.  For example, the monkey takes the place of the baby, Stu sings a song, its just fun.  However, there was a lot of frontal male nudity, that surprised me, and was really kind of gross.

But, I loved this movie, I thought it was hilarious.  Not as good as the first, but still good.  I would have given this a high rating, had there not been the nudity...it was gross.  So, I give this movie a B, watch it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...