Thursday, June 9, 2011

REVIEW: Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban

book cover of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Title: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Author: J. K. Rowling
Date Published: October 1999
Genre: Young Adult
Page Count: 435 pages
Challenge: None



From the books that I've read so far, this is my favorite.  There were a lot of things that I loved about this book and very few things that I didn't like.  This one felt much less rushed than the second one, there was more explanation and I felt like Rowling was really starting to get into the story more and come into her writing style, if that makes any sense at all.


Favorite Parts:

  • The Marauder's Map.  When Snape tried to read the map and the different text showed up, I thought that was fantastic.
  • The fact that Harry learned more about his father in this novel was a really nice thing.  As Harry learns more about his parents, he's learning more about himself and we're watching him grow up through these books.  Also learning what really happened to his parents, and learning he had a Godfather was wonderful, and to know that his Godfather wasn't a murderer must have been a relief.
  • The Time Turner.  Thing.  Whatever it was.  I thought that was neat, and how it was used to save both Buckbeak and Sirius was nice.
  • I just love Dumbledore.  The end.
  • Lupin is definitely one of my favorite characters of the entire series.  I hate that we don't see him again (in the books that I've read anyway).
  • Oh, and I love when Hermione hit Malfoy.  That was a wonderful scene.
Not so Favorite Parts:
  • I liked everything.
Favorite Quotes:
  • "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." 
  • "You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?" 
  • "If all goes well, you will be able to save more than one innocent life tonight." 
  • "Sirius's gaunt face broke out into the first true smile Harry had seen upon it. The difference it made was startling, as though a person ten years younger were shining through the starved mask; for a moment he was recognizable as the man who had laughed at Harry's parents' wedding." 
Think you might want to give this book a try? Read other reviews or order from Amazon.com   Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...