Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Sunday Salon (10)

Edition #10 of the Sunday Salon.  Remember that if you want to become a participant, log onto Facebook.com and join the group!


Little Time for Reading
This week has been a little crazy for me.  Earlier in the week I had a lot of time to read and I got through the first two Harry Potter books, like I said I was going to.  So I'm pretty proud of myself.  I'm about halfway through the third one right now.  However, the end of the week turned out to be a little more crazy than I thought it would be, so I've not had a lot of time to get reading done.  This week I'll probably get a little bit more done, but next week I'll probably be out of town with the love of my life at the beach.  I'm very excited about this.


On a more personal note
We found out this week that Jeff was offered a job at the local Detention Center.  It took him 2 weeks to go through the 5 steps, and we're pretty sure that this is a record for getting a county job.  He's excited, I'm excited.  However, he's going to be going on shift work, which is going to be rough on both of us.  Between the two of us working, and me being in school for my last semester of college we're not going to have a lot of time together, so it will be different and this beach trip is much needed.
Also, when he went for his physical, the people freaked him out by telling him that he had a higher heart rate and sent him to the ER for 4 hours.  And they couldn't get it to come down.  I'd be willing to bet money that there isn't anything wrong with him, but he's going to a doctor on Monday so we'll see.  Needless to say, this has really freaked him out.  He's a naturally nervous person anyway.
And, on a side note, I found out by god baby is a BOY!  John Christopher will be here sometime in the next 6 weeks I think and we're all really excited about it!


I think that's all I really have for the Salon this week.  Okay, so most of it wasn't about reading, but part of it was.  I hope that everyone has a fantastic week, and happy reading!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...