Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Sunday Salon (11)

Edition #11 of the Sunday Salon.  Remember that if you want to become a participant, log onto Facebook.com and join the group!


Happy Father's Day!
Just wanted to wish a Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there.  Unfortunately, I won't be see too much of my father today, since I have to work this afternoon.  But, I did get to see him yesterday, so I guess that somewhat makes up for it.


Like I said in my previous post, my life has been crazy this past week.  I hope to have more time this week to devote to my actual reading.  I did get some time to read while we were at the beach.  When I wasn't out on the actual beach, I was on the balcony, in the sun, listening to the waves and reading Harry Potter.
And speaking of Harry Potter, it really amazes me how much of this book I have forgotten.  I think I read it so fast the first time that I just didn't retain it like I wanted to.  But, it definitely adds more to it reading through it this time.  Does that ever happen to anyone?  Not retaining certain books?  I just think its funny, because there are some books that I've read that I remember years later. For example, its been years since I've read Gap Creek : The Story Of A Marriage and I still remember most of that book, but I couldn't remember Harry Potter.  Who knows.     


I normally have more to say, but because of my lack of reading lately, I don't have as much to say as I would normally.  So, everyone enjoy your week, and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...