Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Sunday Salon (12)

Edition #12 of the Sunday Salon.  Remember that if you want to become a participant, log onto Facebook.com and join the group!


This week has been a good week.  I'm still continuing my Harry Potter extravaganza.  I'll probably finish Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince tonight and start the final installment either tonight or tomorrow morning.  It's been a bumpy ride, and I've actually dreamed about Harry and his buddies, since I do most of my reading right before I go to bed.  Some tears have been shed, but I have enjoyed it, and I will be sad when its over.  However, I still have the movies that I'm going to go through.  I hate that they're not available on the instant part of Netflix, but I've added them all to my queue, so I'll start getting them Tuesday I think.   


I semi-organized my bookshelf on Thursday.  It really is only one shelf, since I have no room in the small room, so everything is stacked on each other and it sucks.  I can't wait to have my apartment and I can get some nice bookshelves.  Anyway, when I went through my books again I made myself pick some things out to part with, and we took a trip to 2nd and Charles.  And it was a failed mission.  They took 2 of the 14 books I had, and gave me $3 worth of trade in credit.  I was kinda sad.  So, I'm going to take them to the used bookstore in town and hope that they'll take some of this stuff and if they don't, I'll just drop it off at Goodwill.  But, I guess when I think about it, it really was a good thing that I didn't get trade in credit.  It just would have added to the monstrous pile of things I'm already trying to read!


I think that's all I have for the Salon this week!  I hope everyone has a marvelous week, and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...