Monday, June 13, 2011

This Week's Reads (4)

Here's what I'm reading this week and how I'm feeling about them!

The Dream Crystal by Mark O'Bannon
I'm still struggling through this one.  Well, I guess I should reword that.  It's not that I'm struggling, I'm just so wrapped up in Harry Potter that I've been neglecting this one.  Last week was also a little crazy for me.  Life happened, but I did get some of this read.  I'm still not a big fan of the books heroine, but we'll see.  It feels like its dragging, like some of the side stories I'm just not sure if I see the point in, but we I have about 30% left of the book, so hopefully it will all wrap up and make sense in the end.

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
I'm a little over 100 pages in, but I'm surprised at how little I remember from this.  There are several parts that I do remember, but a lot of it I don't.  I hate what a little angsty child Harry is being though.  Like when he blows up at Ron and Hermione at the beginning.  Really Harry?  But, you can't blame him.  After his 2 trillion traumatic experiences, I guess he deserves a little bit of leeway.  Also, the kids are growing up, so you can't really blame them.  This is going to be a pretty intense book, I can already tell.

On a personal note:
I'll be gone this week, the lovely boyfriend and I are going to be going down to Isle of Palms, SC from Tuesday through Thursday.  I'm kind of dreading seeing what my Google Reader will look like when I get back, but hopefully, it won't be THAT bad.  I'm going to try and stay technology free, but there will be lots of time for reading.  But I have to figure out what to bring, because I hate to bring my Nook out in the sun with me.  Anyone who knows about southern sun, knows that it heats things up just a little too much.  Anyway, I'll probably be reading something else this week and I will see you all on Friday (Maybe) :]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...