Sunday, July 24, 2011

In My Mailbox (19)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where you basically post your week in books.  Interested in participating?  Click the link to sign up!

So this is my first ever vlog!  A little apprehesive about it.  Excuse the fact that I look a hot mess, I had a long day at work when I recorded this, hence why I look a little tired.  I never noticed how much I move when I talk until I watched this... 
Anyway, here's my vlog, with what I got in my mailbox!  All the titles featured in the video are below the video.  Clicking the title will take you to Amazon.com, where you can read a synopsis, read reviews, browse for used copies or buy new!



Books featured in the video:
White Oleander by Janet Fitch  --  MY REVIEW
House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Big Fish by Daniel Wallace
The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

Also, once again, special thanks to Smash @ Smash Attack Reads! for hosting the awesome contest that I won!  If you don't already follow her blog, go now!  She's awesome!

11 comments:

teddybrgrrl said...

Huh, I haven't read any of those but they look good! I hope you enjoy them! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

-Jessica (Peace Love Books)

My Bookshelf said...

You received some great books...White Oleander, House of Sand and Fog, The Neverending Story....Enjoy!!

My Bookshelf said...

I am a new follower.

Alison said...

Great set! I'm very curious about The Road. I've heard good and bad things. It seems to be a new classic.

The Book Wurrm said...

Oh yay, you have Disqus. I hate Bloggers comment forms. Treasure Island is a fun read. Light hearted until you try to dissect it and White Oleander is on the opposite side of the spectrum being very complicated and complex with interesting themes. I haven't read Big Fish but it does sound delicious. Have fun reading!

sleighanne said...

Loved The Neverending Story :] Thanks for stopping by and following! :]

sleighanne said...

Well, Oprah's book club selections have definitely let me down before, so we'll have to see about it! :]

sleighanne said...

I hate Blogger comment forms too! I tried IntenseDebate and it ate my comments sometimes, so I switched.
What can I say, I read a wide variety of things! :]

Book sniffers anonymous said...

You have a nice list of books in your mailbox this week. I will have to look some of these books up and add them to my TBR list.
Happy Reading,
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Daisy said...

Nice haul! I LOVE the Neverending Story! One of my favourite ever bookquotes is from that book. Have you seen the movie? The special effects look really corny now in comparison, but it's awesome.
Happy reading!

Alita said...

I had a hard time with The Road. It was just so bleak. But lots of people have loved it, so I hope you do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...