Friday, July 1, 2011

Mid-Year Recap!

So, here we are, its officially July!  And that means that we are officially half way through the year!  I decided that instead of just recapping this month, that I would go through the entire 6 months, just to kind of see where I'm at!

So far, is 2011, I've:
-- Made 108 posts
-- Read and reviewed 28 books
-- Reviewed 4 movies
-- Completed no challenges :[
-- In the month of June, I reviewed 9 books!

For the first part of the year, most of my posts were just nonsense and meme's, because I was still in class and I didn't have a whole lot of time to read.  The longest time that I was on a computer was at school, and that was only to write papers (yuck!).  However, the month of may and June have definitely made up for it I think.  It stands to reason, that at this point, I should be halfway through my goal of 40 books, but as it turns out, I've read almost 10 more than that.  However, some of my challenge progress is not going so well.

Challenge Progress
E-Book Challenge - 14 out of 20
Stephen King Challenge - 5 out of 6
Forgotten Treasures Challenge - 4 out of 7
Outlander Challenge - 1 out of 7

I think I've read a wide variety of things throughout the year.  I've been stuck in a Harry Potter phase this past month and I am almost finished with the final book, which will bring my total to 29.  Though I've tried to stay with the list of books that I set for myself, its been hard and I've skipped around and read things that are not on the list.  Here's the list of things that I have read and reviewed this year!  Click the titles to go to the review!

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet - 5 Stars
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad - 2 Stars
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - 3 Stars
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - 3 Stars
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - 5 Stars
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut - 4 Stars
Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut - 4 Stars
1984 by George Orwell - 3 Stars
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling - 5 Stars
It by Stephen King - 4 Stars
The Bone Woman by Clea Koff - 3 Stars
The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien - 5 Stars
Welcome to the Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut - 5 Stars
The Colorado Kid by Stephen King - 3 Stars
The Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien - 5 Stars
Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut - 5 Stars
The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker - 4 Stars
The Return of the King by J. R. R. Tolkien - 5 Stars
Desperation by Stephen King - 3 Stars
The Regulators by Stephen King -  4 Stars
The Dream Crystal by Mark O'Bannon - 3 Stars
Blockade Billy by Stephen King - 3 Stars
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling - 5 Stars
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling - 5 Stars
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling - 5 Stars
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling - 5 Stars
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix by J. K. Rowling - 5 Stars
The Lake by Banana Yoshimoto - 4 Stars

In June, I also added a movie review feature.  So far, the reviews have been few, but there's still plenty of time, especially since I have access to Netflix!  Here's the list of movies that I've reviewed, all of them have B ratings, and all of them are worth checking out!

Black Death
Bridesmaids
The Hangover Part II
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Overall, I would say that it has been a pretty productive 6 months!  Hopefully it will be another productive 6 months and I can make my goals for the year a reality!

Have a fantastic 4th of July weekend everyone!  Don't get into too much trouble, and STAY SAFE!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...