Friday, July 22, 2011

My First TGIF!

TGIF at GReadsSo I see TGIF at GReads pop up in my reader all the time.  So, I decided that I wanted to start participating.  Basically, at TGIF you answer questions and connect with other bloggers.  Sounds like fun?  Then click the link or the button to learn how to participate!


This Friday's Question:  Bookshelf Tour: Where do you keep your books at home? 
Are they organized?

I have my books scattered all over the place.  Since I'm still in college and I still live at home, I have a tiny room that I keep everything in, and A LOT of books!  I have two place in my room that I keep my books, but lately, they've overflowed out into other parts of the house.  So, let's get started!

This is my main bookshelf.  There really is no particular organization, other than the hardcover books in the very back (which you can't really see) and everything else just stacked in the front.  I just don't have enough room to keep everything organized like I want to :[  You can also see that the sheer weight from the books are making the shelf bow down some, which isn't good : /



To the right is my second bookshelf.  Its basically just a little cubby that's beneath my bedside table.  I keep my Nook right there, since if I leave it on top of it, my cat thinks she can sit on it.  There's 3 rows of books there, all of them paperback.  A lot of them are old books of my mother's that I stole.  I'm sure that you can tell which ones those are just by how ratty some of them look!  Also, I'm sure you can see a trend and guess who my favorite author might be!





Now the books have started spilling out into other parts of the house.  This bookshelf is kind of the family bookshelf.  There's my mother's cookbooks, our old encyclopedia set, and TONS AND TONS of Danielle Steel!  I love Danielle Steel, the few that I've read anyway, but those are mostly my mother's.  There are a few in there that are mine, and when I move out, I think that she'll find that some of hers might disappear.  This is also where my ratty paperback copies of Harry Potter and the copies of the Series of Unfortunate Events goes, if you look to the left, you can see them.








Recently, we made out garage into an extension to our living room and added a huge picture window to the front.  If we would get a nice armchair, I think I might spend all of my time in that room, next to the window.  When it was built, my mom wanted bookshelves built into the sides, and the finished product is gorgeous.  Mom had a few things in the shelves, but after Ir an out of space, my books started migrating into these shelves.  Those crappy white lines is the things that I hang the ironing on and I didn't feel like moving it.  On the right, most of those are my mother's, with a few of mine mixed in.




This is the other side of that window.  There are two additional shelves, but they're filled with magazines that my mother wanted to keep.  The books in this portion are all of mine.  And I've read a few of them, but for the most part these are all books that I haven't read yet.



So that's my bookshelf tour!  I can't wait to move out so I can have more space and get them organized like they need to be organized!  And when I do move and get it all set up, I'll be doing another bookshelf tour! :]

7 comments:

Anne Bennett said...

I have books all over my house, too. As a librarian, I am more likely to check out a bunch of books that I need to remember to return, which adds to the need to pile somewhere. Right now I have a whole bunch of library books piled up on the dog crate! Ha!

Smash Attack! said...

I see serious Stephen King love going on. Score!

Smash Attack! said...

I see serious Stephen King love going on. Score!

Anne Bennett said...

I have books all over my house, too. As a librarian, I am more likely to check out a bunch of books that I need to remember to return, which adds to the need to pile somewhere. Right now I have a whole bunch of library books piled up on the dog crate! Ha!

Jess @ Gone with the Words said...

Great set of books!! I see you're a Stephen King fan! Nice! :D

sleighanne said...

What's not to love about The King? Haha Thank you :]

jeannette bruce said...

This was my first TGIF, too. I love seeing everybody's bookshelves. And I love how many of us have piles and piles of books laying around, waiting for a home but already loved. :) You have quite a collection. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...