Tuesday, July 19, 2011

REVIEW: The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis

book cover of The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis
Title: The last Battle
Author: C. S. Lewis
Date Published: First published in 1956
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Page Count: 224 pages
Challenge: E-Book Challenge

Reaching the end of the series again made me a little sad again, but I know I'll reread them many times, so its okay.

Eustace and Jill make another appearance in the final installment of this series.  This time, Narnia is in deep trouble.  And old ape has found a lion skin and is using it to pass off a donkey as the Great Lion.  The ape, being old, greedy, and clever as he is, uses it all to his own advantage and terrible things begin happening.
King Tirian tries to put a stop to it all, but it captured.  He implores the kings of old to help him and appears in a room with all of the humans of our world that have made it to Narnia, but is unable to speak.  Soon after, Eustace and Jill appear to help him.

There are a lot of complaints for the way that this series ends.  No worries, you won't find any spoilers here.  Personally, I didn't mind the way that it ended.  I think that if you are a Christian reading this, you can appreciate it a little more.  I'm not religious myself and I still love the book.  I can't tell you anything else about it really, just that you need to read it.

5 our of 5 stars.  Love this series.

Think you might want to give this book a try? Read other reviews or order from Amazon.com The Last Battle (The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 7)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...