Monday, July 11, 2011

This Week's Reads (8)

This week is going to be a pretty simple week.  Still working my way through the Chronicles of Narnia series.  So, here's what I'm reading this week and my thoughts on them.

Prince Caspian: The Return to NarniaPrince Caspian: The Return to Narnia by C. S. Lewis
I just started this one today.  This one is one that I remember well, probably because I've seen the movie several times as well.  Honestly, I can't wait to get through this one.  I loved the last 3 books of this series and they're some of the ones that I've read the least amount of times, so I might find myself rushing through this one.  That probably sounds bad.  I still love this book, I'm just eager to get through it!
Treasure Island (Qualitas Classics)
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
I honestly haven't gotten very far in this one yet.  This past week was a little crazy for me, so I haven't had too much time to read, unfortunuately.  I think I've only read the first 2 or 3 chapters of this, so as of right now, its not very interesting.  I also have a feeling that I read this one years and years ago, only I don't remember it.  But, its possible that I'm thinking of something else.

What to expect this week!
-- I'm hoping to read at least two more of the Chronicles of Narnia series this week and hopefully finish Treasure Island.  If I get these things accomplished, you can expects reviews this week, and maybe early next week.
-- I'm working my way through the Harry Potter film series (since the final film is being released this Friday!) so I think that I'll post not reviews really, but how I feel they compare to the books. There will be some of those this week.
-- I'll admit, I'm a Potterhead.  I'm sure everyone is so sick of seeing Harry Potter on my blog, but I think I might  write a reflection post this week.  With the final movie being released, this is the end of an era, after all.
-- And of course you can expect the normal New Release Tuesday post, In My Mailbox, and the Sunday Salon post!

Reviews Posted (last week)
-- The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis
-- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
-- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
-- Interview With a Vampire (Movie Review)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I read Treasure Island not too long ago...and while it wasn't exactly BORING...I wasn't overly impressed with it either. Hope you make it through!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...