Monday, July 18, 2011

This Week's Read (9)

This week's reads!    Not a whole lot of change from last week, but here it is!

The Neverending StoryThe Neverending Story by Michael Ende
I've seen the movie version of this about 20 times.  It was always one of my favorites.  I'm about 60% through this book, and it quite different from the movie version.  First of all, its in Fantastica, not Fantasia, and the appearances of some of the characters are altered.  The adventures that happen are slightly altered, as would be expected.  I think what gets me the most is that the movie is only the first half of the book, so I'm following Bastian through Fantastica on adventures that I never knew existed.  Its pretty interesting and I'm actually really enjoying it.
Treasure Island (Qualitas Classics)
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
To be honest, I was so wrapped up in Narnia that I haven't read any more of this from last week.  I know from the little bit I have read, I'm not really that into it.  and I've heard other readers say they weren't impressed, so I guess I'll just have to see how this goes.


What to expect this week!
-- You can expect the rest of the reviews for The Chronicles of Narnia.  I believe that there's only 2 left.
-- I'll also be doing a series reflection this week on the Chronicles.
-- I may or may not do a post about the honesty among bloggers.  It depends on what I have going on this week.
-- You can expect the normal New Release Tuesday, In My Mailbox and Sunday Salon posts.

Reviews Posted (Last week)
-- The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis
-- Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis
-- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...