Monday, July 25, 2011

This Week's Reads (10)

This week is a pretty quick week.  I'm actually only reading one book right now!  I know, can you believe it?  Don't worry, I can't either.  Anyway, here's a quick rundown of what I'm reading, and what I have going on this week!

I just started reading this about 2 days ago, and I'm in chapter 6 of the book.  So far its pretty interesting and is definitely holding my attention.  From what I gather so far, there's a family, the Terenzio's, who are kind a crime family.  They're involved in politics and corporations and what not, but they're also involved in The Awakening, or finding out about The Awakening.  Right now, since I'm still in the beginning, there are a lot of things that are unexplained and I'm assuming that as the story goes on everything will become more clear.  Keeping the characters straight sometimes is a little confusing, though there is an appendix in the back.  However, there was a note at the beginning that said that there were slight spoilers, so I'm trying to not rely on that at all.
When the author pitched this book to me, it was described as "The Godfather meets Stargate."  I wasn't really sure what to expect, and I said so in my IMM vlog, but that really is the sort of vibe that I'm getting here.  I hope that it remains this interesting :]

Coming up this week:
-- There will be the normal New Release Tuesday post
-- The Neverending Story by Michael Ende and Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson will be reviewed at the mid point of this week.
-- I've started participating in the TGIF posts over at GReads, so that will be on Friday
-- And of course, IMM and The Sunday Salon for Sunday

Reviews Posted (Last Week)
-- The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis
-- The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis

1 comment:

Alita said...

I'm looking forward to your Neverending Story review! I had a bit of a hard time with that one, so it'll be interesting to see what you thought of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...