Monday, July 4, 2011

This Week's Reads (7)

Here's what we have going on this week!

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
This is such a short read, I won't have too much time to say what I think before its over with!  I have read the first chapter and it seems a little dry, the conversation between the two men as they're walking around town.  I think I read a watered down children's version a long, long time ago, something like The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Wishbone Classics), but I don't remember any of it.  Hence why I'm reading it again.

Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
I managed the finish The Magician's Nephew in about 2 and a half hours, so I think that this will be finished later on today.  This was one of my favorite books in grade school.  In fact, we had to make a poster of our favorite book when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade and I drew out a lion, a witch, and a wardrobe.  I think my mother kept it, and I've been searching for it all night, but to no avail :[  Maybe one day it will turn up.

What to expect this week!
-- You can expect the normal New Release Tuesdays post
-- I imagine it won't take me long to finish the aforementioned books and I'll be on to the rest of the series and other things, so expect the above reviews plus more!
-- Assuming I get anything good, you can expect In My Mailbox, and assuming I have anything interesting to say, you can expect The Sunday Salon

Reviews posted last week
-- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
-- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Everyone have a safe and fun 4th!

1 comment:

Spooky Reads said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...