Monday, August 1, 2011

July 2011 Wrap Up.

So, in lieu of doing a 'This Week's Read's post, I thought that I would just include it all in one wrap up post for the month of July!

July was actually a really good month for me.  I finished 11 books, which is much more than I usually finish, and I stayed on top of all of my reviews for the month, so everything is caught up!  This month I was kind of on a kick of young adult or children's books.  Actually its been that way for the last few months, but I think I'm coming out of it now.

Some of my favorites for the month were definitely in the Chronicles of Narnia series.  This will always be one of my favorites from my childhood.  They're just amazing stories and I know that they'll be stories that I read to my children a million times and I'll never get sick of them.  You can see my Series Reflection post about this series, where I summed up my feelings and why I love it so much.
Another book that I really enjoyed was The Neverending Story by Michael Ende.  Classic book that was made into one of my favorite childhood movies.  It was a pretty quick read as well.

I think I liked everything I read this month.  Except one book.  Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.  For whatever reason I couldn't get into that book to save my life.  But, that was the only book I didn't like for the month.

Here are the books that I reviewed for the month.  Click the titles to go to my review!
The Magician's Nephew by C. S Lewis
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S Lewis
The Horse and His Boy by C. S Lewis
Prince Caspian by C. S Lewis
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S Lewis
The Silver Chair by C. S Lewis
The Last Battle by C. S Lewis
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Synarchy Book 1: The Awakening by DCS

Movie Reviews
Interview With a Vampire

Other Noteworthy Posts
Series Relection: The Chronicles of Narnia.
The Ending of an Era.
Honesty in Reviewing.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What to Expect this week!
-- The normal New Release Tuesday update.  Got some good stuff this week.  Though I'm considering changing the name of the meme.  We'll see.  I had an idea the other day, but I didn't jot it down and I lost it :[
-- There will be a movie review this week!  I watched True Grit a few nights ago, so you can expect that review maybe Wednesday.
-- I've started participating the TGIF posts, so expect that Friday.
-- The of course In My Mailbox and The Sunday Salon on Sunday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...