Saturday, August 13, 2011

REVIEW: Synarchy Book 2: The Ascension by DCS

book cover of Synarchy: The Ascension by DCS
Title: Synarchy Book 2: The Ascension
Author: DCS
Date Published: July 2010
Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy
Page Count: e-book
Challenge: E-Book Challenge

**I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review**

When I sat down to write the review of the first book in this series, I had no idea what to say.  It took me a while to really evaluate the second book as well.  But the reasons for that are not negative at all.

The Ascension picks up where The Awakening left off.  One of the things that I failed to mention in the first review, is that this series has to do with the year 2012, the date that the world is supposedly ending.  However, it deals with this concept in a way that I've never heard of and in a way that completely blows your mind.  The book was no different from the first.  You're constantly learning mind blowing things and the pace is kept up through the entirety of this book as the clock winds down to December 21, 2012.

One of my biggest complaints from the first book was that I felt like nothing was really resolved and it left me clamoring for the second book.  This one also left off on sort of a sour note for me.  You know that there is so many questions to be answered, and only some of them are.  Unfortunately, according to her website, the 3rd book in the series, which is going to be Synarchy Book 3: The 13th Skull, won't be released until the November of this year.  According to DCS, that is supposed to answer more of my questions and there will also be a 4th book, called Synarchy Book 4: SVT which I think might be more background on the family and that's looking to be released in December!
After starting this book and reacquainting myself with the characters, things started happening at an alarming rate. It was one of those books that left on cliffhangers at the end of chapters, so it was almost impossible to make myself put it down.  I think I read it in 2 separate sittings, and that was only because of work.

I also really loved the general message of these books.  One of the main things is family, and not only family, but love.  There are stories between certain characters that were so intense and I got very emotionally attached to some of the characters and their relationships.

I can not recommend this book more highly and I'm really eager to see what the next book is going to be like.  I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars and say read it!

Think you might want to give this book a try? Read other reviews or order from Amazon.com  Synarchy Book 2: The Ascension

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...