Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Sunday Salon (17)

Edition #17 of the Sunday Salon.  Remember that if you want to become a participant, log onto Facebook.com and join the group!



So, lets see here.  A quick recap of my week that is not reading related:
 -- My godson was born Monday morning.  He's perfect and beautiful and I cried when I saw him and mom did an awesome job through the delivery and afterward.  They're home now, but I haven't seen them since then :[  Which makes me sad.
 -- My work has been insane trying to get ready for tax free weekend.  Scheduling shortages, not getting things done and lack of communication has plagued us all week.  All 3 of those things made for the most horrible Thursday I've had in a while.
 -- Tax free weekend, as previously stated, was a madhouse.  I am so glad its over.  Now we just have to pull things back together in the next week.  We'll see how that goes.

And here's a recap of my week reading wise:
 -- I only finished one book :[  I'm trying to get myself on an aggressive reading schedule so I can finish a few more things before the semester begins again.  I will be so glad when December rolls around and I won't have to worry about school anymore.  Counting down the days.  Well, months.
-- I got a review request.  You can see my IMM post for this week for all that information really.  It's in vlog form, as I had some extra time yesterday after work so I recorded that really quick like.

I'm nearing the reading goal I set for myself this year for the second time.  I think I have 8 more books until I meet it.  I may bump it up 10 more, but I just don't know what this semester is going to be like for me, how busy I'll be between my job and my classes and I'd like to be able to say that I met my goal!  I still have to decide.

I don't really have much else this week.

What are you all reading?  Are you going back to school soon or getting ready to send your kids back?  How are you dealing with all the madness?  :]

1 comment:

Alison said...

Congrats on your new godson!

I'm the same way with my reading goal. It was like 35 at the beginning of the year but it's been adjusted like 3 different times because 3 of my classes this year had me read around 10 books.

I'm currently reading Middleworld, which is super awesome. No school stress for me! Finished up my last class so now I need to focus on finding a job. Hope you have a good semester!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...