Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Sunday Salon (18)

Edition #18 of the Sunday Salon. Remember that if you want to become a participant, log onto Facebook.com and join the group!

So this week was actually a really slow reading week for me.  I was at work a lot, which is never fun and in between that I haven't been sleeping very well.  So, I've been taking naps.

But I did finish my first audiobook and I actually really enjoyed it.  I've been looking into getting somemore, but I think I'm going to wait until I can get over to my used bookstore the next town over.  They have a pretty awesome selection and they're cheap, too!
I also finished the second book in the Synarchy series (my review) and I really enjoyed it.  There's supposed to be a 3rd, but it won't be released until the fall.  I can't wait to read it!
I've also been trucking my way through Gone With the Wind, which I'm really loving.  I'm still kicking myself for not having read this book before now!
I also have 3 books that I'm going to try and finish before this Thursday.  They're all short, but this Thursday is when I start classes, so I want to get the review requests that I have done before then so it doesn't take me a million years to do.  And that's all I have going on in terms of reading.

I know I had said that I was going to post something about book covers this week, but I never really got around to it.  I have some pet peeves about book covers.  especially some of the new releases.  I'm going to save my actual peeves for the post, because I WILL get it written this week, but are there things that bother you about current cover trends?  Share :]

8 comments:

Beltwayliterature said...

I'm in the same boat with you, with very little reading accomplished this week. I did start reading the final volume of Karl Marx's Capital this week, but didn't get too far.

I have Gone With the Wind on my list to read. I'm looking forward to reading it, if not later this year, early next! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! I also hope your husband's step-mother gets better soon. Here's my post.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I read Gone with the Wind (more than once!) years ago, but have been wanting to reread it. So I ordered and received it last week from Amazon.

Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

debnance said...

Gone With the Wind is a fantastic read. I've read it several (three? four?) times and it never gets old.

sleighanne said...

You should read it soon! I have found that I've struggled a lot, especially with classic literature but I love this novel! It is a chunkster, but its hard not to read it all at one time!

sleighanne said...

The Heroine's Bookshelf is doing a readalong of it! If you plan on starting it soon and catch up, you should definitely join in the discussion!

sleighanne said...

I heard that for years, but something kept me from reading it. I'm glad I'm reading it now and I'm even more glad that I haven't seen the movie!

Jennifer G. said...

I own Gone With the Wind but I haven't read it yet. The size keeps putting me off! My copy has an excruciatingly tiny font as well. Maybe I'll finally get to it this winter. I don't have the brain power for chunksters in the summertime!

Anonymous said...

Your point is valueble for me. Thanks!

My site:
dsl flat anbieter dslvergleichdsl.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...