Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Sunday Salon (19)

Oh sweet Jesus.  The past two weeks have just been completely exhausting.  But, here I am, trying to make sure that I keep up with this blog!  I love blogging, I just have a million other things to do, so sorry for the lack of posting!

I started my final semester.  That, and the fact that I'm usually working about 30 hours a week as well, leaves me little time to do anything else, including sleep.  On average, I was sleeping 3 hours a night.  The past two nights I actually slept through the night so I'm hoping that the trend continues.  You would think that not sleeping, all I would want to do is read, but for whatever reason, that's the last thing I wanted to do.  So anyway, I'm a bunch of reviews behind, I've gotten 2 review requests this week annnddd I have no idea when I'm going to do it!  Yes!
When I have been reading, I've been reading quite a bit of Agatha Christie.  I've read two of her books in the past 2 weeks, I'm halfway through a third, and I bought 2 more this weekend.  Yea, I have a problem :/

So, how do you balance out your life and blogging?  Or, how do you just balance out your life in general?  This is something that I'm currently struggling with, I'd love to see your responses!!

5 comments:

Dana Huff said...

This is silly, but I make a schedule for posting, and if I can't do it that day, that's OK, but at least my software program (Things for Mac) reminds me about posting. I know it has made me post more often.

sleighanne said...

Its not silly! I have posts that I want to make, but I don't have time to get them done sometimes. Usually I can schedule all the posts I want to make in a week, but I haven't had time lately to sit down and do it all at one time :[

Alyce Reese said...

It is so hard to concentrate if you're exhausted, so you have my sympathy. When I'm that tired all I want to do is veg in front of the TV. I hope things ease up for you (or that you at least are able to get more sleep)!

I try to have a few posts scheduled ahead of time, but when I can't post for a while I try not to stress about it. Life just happens and everyone understands.

jayne190 said...

I just do it as consistently as I can. Some weeks feel crazy and I will get no blogging done and some weeks I have the time to do it. I just let life happen.

Booksintheburbs said...

Oh, wow! How I remember my college years and yes, there were plenty of sleepless nights...especially during finals. I suggest you put college work first, family and friends second, and blogging third. If you can only post once a month, once a week, once every semester, then do it. It will always be here for you, but your college work doesn't wait and does not do well on the back burner. Enjoy your college years and post when you can :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...