Friday, August 12, 2011

TGIF: Author Block Party

TGIF is hosted by GReads.  She posts a question, you answer and then link your post.  Its an awesome way to connect with other bloggers.  Sounds like fun?  Hop on over to GReads' blog and look for the latest TGIF post. You can also find future questions :]


Author Block Party: If you could gather a handful of authors to hang out with, who would you choose?


  • Okay well, my obligatory first pick would have to be Stephen King.  I love his writing, he is one of my favorite authors and I think that it would be fantastic to sit around and talk to him and see what he's really like under all of those crazy things that he writes.
  • I'm assuming that this is alive or dead, so I'm picking Kurt Vonnegut.  I picked up my first Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five (My Review) this year and quickly picked up anything that I could get my hands on by him.  I love his writing and he has some pretty interesting ideas.  And I want to talk to him about the infamous Kilgore Trout.
  • Clive Barker.  Hellraiser is one of my favorite movies, and I read The Hellbound Heart as well (My Review).  Once again, I would love to have a little chit chat with him and see the man that's underneath that crazy, crazy novella and movie. 
  • This will completely throw you off, but Sarah Dessen.  I love her work and I bet that she would be the nicest person to just sit and have coffee with and talk.  I follow her on Twitter (@SarahDessen) and she seems so genuinely awesome.  She might be a little scared of some of the other people around the campfire, but that's okay.
  • Agatha Christie.  She's the best mystery writer there ever was in my opinion.  How do you come up with things like And Then There Were None (My Review)?  I love to talk with her and pick her brain.



There are a bunch of other authors that I'd love to meet:  Ms. Rowling, Philippa Gregory, Diana Gabaldon, and Billie Letts to name a few others.  But the above would be the ones that I'd really want to hang out with :]

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Great choices! I still need to read the Outlander series, if you can quite believe that, haha. Just haven't managed to get around to it yet.

Once Upon A Time

sleighanne said...

You should put it at the top of your list! I've only read the first, but I LOVED it. Easily one of my favorite books :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...