Author Block Party: If you could gather a handful of authors to hang out with, who would you choose?
- Okay well, my obligatory first pick would have to be Stephen King. I love his writing, he is one of my favorite authors and I think that it would be fantastic to sit around and talk to him and see what he's really like under all of those crazy things that he writes.
- I'm assuming that this is alive or dead, so I'm picking Kurt Vonnegut. I picked up my first Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five (My Review) this year and quickly picked up anything that I could get my hands on by him. I love his writing and he has some pretty interesting ideas. And I want to talk to him about the infamous Kilgore Trout.
- Clive Barker. Hellraiser is one of my favorite movies, and I read The Hellbound Heart as well (My Review). Once again, I would love to have a little chit chat with him and see the man that's underneath that crazy, crazy novella and movie.
- This will completely throw you off, but Sarah Dessen. I love her work and I bet that she would be the nicest person to just sit and have coffee with and talk. I follow her on Twitter (@SarahDessen) and she seems so genuinely awesome. She might be a little scared of some of the other people around the campfire, but that's okay.
- Agatha Christie. She's the best mystery writer there ever was in my opinion. How do you come up with things like And Then There Were None (My Review)? I love to talk with her and pick her brain.
There are a bunch of other authors that I'd love to meet: Ms. Rowling, Philippa Gregory, Diana Gabaldon, and Billie Letts to name a few others. But the above would be the ones that I'd really want to hang out with :]