Monday, August 8, 2011

This Week's Reads (11)

No repeats this week!  Here's what I have going on.

Gone With the Wind by Margart Mitchell
I'm only a little bit into part 2, but I'm really digging this book.  This is one of those books where I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to read it.  For it being written so long ago, I love Mitchell's writing style and I'm not struggling with this nearly as much as I have struggled with some other classics.  I'm reading this to go along with The Heroine's Bookshelf's The Great Gone With the Wind Readalong.  You can read my response to part one here, but if you haven't read the book, you might want to stay away from that post, as there are slight spoilers!

Shiewo: A Fantasy Flight to Adventure (Shiewo's Odyssey) by Ciye Cho
I only just started this last night, as I finished my other two books last night.  I can't really have a solid opinion on it yet, because I've only read the forst two chapters, but I have a feeling that this will be a great middle school age read for children.  I'm just getting that vibe from it so far.  Apparently there's music and all kinds of cool stuff that goes along with this book, and you can look into getting it, reading the synopsis and seeing all the other extras at this website.

What to Expect This Week!
-- New Release Tuesdays as always
-- I finished both Synarchy Book 2: The Ascension by DCS and White Cat (Curse Workers) by Holly Black Sunday evening so both of those reviews will go up later this week.
-- I have a pet peeve about the current trends in book covers that I may do a post on this week.  I may or may not have time, but if I don't have time this week, it will definitely be posted next week!
-- TGIF this week is all about what authors I would want to chill around a camp fire with.  Come back Friday to see who my picks are :]
-- And then for Sunday there will be another IMM and TSS post.  I may of may not do a vlog this week.

Reviews Posted (Last Week)
-- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
-- True Grit (2010) (Movie Review)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...