Monday, August 22, 2011

This Week's Reads (13)

Alright guys, I normally get my blogging done at night or during the weekend.  This week and weekend has been just a little too crazy for me to get that done.  I'm sure you missed the TGIF post, IMM and The Sunday Salon post for the past week, but I promise I'm going to try and get some posts scheduled for the week so that this won't happen again.  So, without further ado, here's what I'm reading this week!

That Day in September by Artie Van Why
I'm about 30% done with this.  I like the point of view that its told in and how it goes back and forth to his life before and that day in September.  I can't really say much else on it.  I was hoping to have it finished by now, but like I said previously, things have been just a little crazy.

Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
Christie is a complete genius.  I've read two of her other books this past week and both times I was left guessing until the last minute.  I normally pride myself in being able to guess the endings of things, but these were different. Anyway, I just started this one last night, and I haven't gotten too far into it yet to say much.  I know I've read this one before, but I don't remember any of it, so this will be an interesting read.

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I won't put my thoughts into this little blurb.  As you know, I'm participating in a readalong for this book, and so far I have posts for Part One and Part Two up.  If you want to know my thoughts you can head on over to those posts.  However, if you haven't read the book, I suggest not reading those posts!  There are spoilers!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What the expect this week!

++  I plan on getting a NRT post up for tomorrow, but if the craziness continues today, I may or may not have time to get it up :[
++  I've finished 2 Agatha Christie novels that I really want to get reviewed and up for this week.  I think I'll be able to get that accomplished.
++  I also really hope to Finish That Day in September, and if I do I hope to have that review up as well.
++  I'm going to try my hardest to get to the TGIF post this week.
++  I plan on going to my used bookstore on Saturday, and I have the weekend off, so I think I'll have a chance to get the IMM post up, but it won't be a vlog, unfortunately.
++  Then of course, if my Sunday goes according to plan, there will be a Sunday Salon post, in which I can catch you up on why my life has been so crazy!  Unless you're following me on Twitter, then you've been reading it as its been happening!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted Last Week....

++  Part Two of the Great Gone With the Wind Readalong discussion
++  New Release Tuesday, showcasing an upcoming Ellen Hopkins novel and the newest Red Hot Chili Peppers release!

1 comment:

~ames~ said...

Are you enjoying GwtW so far? I read that a few years back (after I read Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood) and I really enjoyed it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...