Friday, September 30, 2011

Best of the Bunch: September 2011

Best of the Bunch is a monthly feature brought to you by Lyrical Reviews.  Basically you go through all of the books you read that month and decide which one was your favorite and let us all know why!  To find more information, visit Lyircal Reviews and if you participate, be sure to link up so we can all see what books you thought were fantastic!

I read a lot of really good books this month.  Yet again, this was another month were I didn't read anything that I didn't like.  So, this decision was hard for me, but it's a worthy winner!


book cover of Blackstone: Drawing the Circle by Jason Beineke
Blackstone: Drawing the Circle by Jason Beineke
I got this book as a review request from the author.  I know so many people who don't read self published authors because they've been 'burned' so much, but this is one that I think you have to read!  If you're a fan of fantasy, then this is something that you want to pick up!
This is a book that's hard to describe.  It's about a mercenary sorcerer who takes work from the queen Spiril.  All sorts of crazy things happen, and Blackstone, our sorceror, ends up with Hiroe, a boy from the town he was visiting.  If I were you, I would just read the synopisis from Goodreads or read my review!
I loved the characters and I was really drawn into the world that they lived in.  It had a fantastic plot twist in the middle, that I didn't figure out until the very end, which is unusual for me.  For being a debut author, Beineke did a phenomenal job writing this, and as I tell him all the time on Twitter, I really can't wait for the sequel!

So, go get this book!  It was my favorite book of the month and I think you all should hop on this, as soon as possible :]

You can purchase Blackstone: Drawing the Circle from : Amazon.com
You can follow Jason on Twitter here!
http://jasonbeineke.wordpress.com/

12 comments:

Lyrical Brown said...

oooo this sounds good! I've read a few self-published books now and I have to say that most of them are as good and some even better than published books so I will definitely be checking this one out. I love a good fantasy!

LeighannesLit said...

Get in touch with the author on twitter! He's a pretty nice guy :] And you will love the book!

sallycrofts said...

Ooh, this does sound really interesting- I love all the sorcery, magic and fantasy stuff! I'm always quite dubious about self-published books because I've read some that have been pretty bad, but I'm always willing to give them a chance if they come recommended!

Jason Beineke said...

Damn...I'm at a loss for words... o_O THANK YOU!!

Book Light Graveyard said...

It's always so awesome to find a new, self-published author that writes a fantastic book. I'll have to track this one down!

LeighannesLit said...

I know a lot of people shy away from self published authors, but I'm here to tell you that this was is not a fail! :]

LeighannesLit said...

And of course, you know that you are welcome, but no thanks are necessary. Thank YOU for writing a great book!

LeighannesLit said...

You really should! It's pretty fantastic in my opinion!

Andie Zohoori said...

This book sounds great! I'm a huge fantasy fan, but for some reason I find that I usually don't read a lot of it. I'll have to check this one out, thanks for featuring it!

My Best of the Bunch

Shanella said...

I know what you mean about being burned by indie authors ... I will definitely look into this one though, especially if it's the best you've read in September!
~ Shanella @ iReview Books

LeighannesLit said...

I'm the same way! I read a little bit of everything, and my favorite genre is horror and I'm just now getting back to reading it!
But you should definitely check this one out. Beineke's working on the sequel right now. VERY excited for that!

LeighannesLit said...

You really should look into it! The book I read directly after this was an indie author and I was definitely burned, but this one was fantastic :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...