Monday, September 26, 2011

Just another Manic Monday...

So, in case you haven't noticed, I decided to roll out a new graphic and a new name for my Monday posts.  I'm kinda excited about it.  Mondays really are manic for me usually and this is a recap post of what I'll be reading this week, what I'll be picking up next, what sort of posts to expect for the week, and what you may have missed last week!
**A quick note, I made the image using photoshop, but I do not take credit for the photo.  Google search planner in images, and this will come up.


A Spy at Home by Joseph Rinaldo
I'm not sure how I feel about this book yet.  By no means is it a bad book, let me say that right off the bat.  In fact, there are a lot of positive reviews on it.  There are aspects of it that I really do like, but right now it's just not grabbing me.  I'm a little over halfway finished and I hope to finish this in the next few days.  Maybe it will grab me soon.

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I really need to pick this one up and read it again.  It's been too long since I picked it up.  I've just been trying to get everything else read!


Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
Well, I have two review requests.  First I'll be reading Blood Calling by Joshua Grover-David Patterson.  Really looking forward to this one since I loved one of his other books so much.  The second is Dead of Winter by Brian Moreland.  This is another horror read so I'm looking forward to that one as well.  I'll also be picking up whatever my book club is going to be reading next, which looks like it's going to be The Siege of Trencher's Farm.

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday:  The normal NRT post. This week will be featuring the upcoming release from Gregory McGuire and the newest release from Four Year Strong!
++  Wednesday:  This week is banned books week!  Though I'm not participating in the giveaway hops, I still want to take a minute to talk about censorship.
++ Thursday:  Featuring a review of my book club's first book, Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.
++  Friday:  TGIF!  To continue the trend with banned books, we'll be talking about the education system and banning books.  I'll also be posting Best of the Bunch, where I talk about my favorite book from the month of September.
++  Saturday:  In lieu of In My Mailbox, since I'm sure I won't have anything interesting to post (unless I get lucky again this week), I'll be vlogging about my October TBR list and what I plan on reading.
++ Sunday:  Of course, The Sunday Salon post.  At this point, I have no idea what it will be about, but come by to check it out anyway!

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  New Release Tuesday, featuring the upcoming release Crossed by Ally Condie and Lights' newest album, Siberia.
++  The Great Gone With the Wind Readalong Part 3!
++ Frightful Fall Reviewers Challenge!  If you love October, read this!
++ TGIF:  Talking about book challenges.
++ In My Mailbox!  There was a vlog this week and I got some awesome FREE books!
++ The Sunday Salon.  Talking about possible changes to my blog and various other things.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...