Wednesday, September 7, 2011

REVIEW: Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

book cover of Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
Title: Murder on the Orient Express
Author: Agatha Christie
Date Published: Originally published in 1934
Genre: Mystery
Page Count: 266 pages
Challenge: None

I know that way back in the day, in middle school, I read a lot of Christie.  Some of my favorites were always the Hercule Poirot books.  I thought I had actually read this one, but I don't think I ever did.  I think this was one of her best known as well.

Hercule Poirot is on his way back to somewhere on the Orient Express when the train is stopped in the middle of the night by a snowdrift.  Upon waking in the morning, a passenger is found dead and it is up to Poirot to find out who the killer is before they can kill anyone else.

The way this mystery was presented was all of the evidence and then the solution.  Poirot individually interviews every occupant on the train and it is presented in chapters.  I can't really say much about it, because if I do, it will give everything away.  I will say though, I loved the ending to this.  I never saw it coming, but it all made sense once it was presented.  Christie truly is a genius when it comes to mysteries.  This one was phenomenal and I can see why it is highly praised and one of her most memorable.

Loved it, read it, I give it a 4.5 our of 5!

Think you might want to give this book a try? Read other reviews or order from Amazon.com  Murder on the Orient Express

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...