Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Sunday Salon - Labor Day Weekend!

Unfortunately, my Labor Day Weekend was a huge bust.  There were no fancy cook-outs and beer and hamburgers and family.  I spent my weekend with Old Navy :[  But, yesterday was actually a good work day.  We had a 'tailgate party,' since it was the kickoff of college football season!  Here in South Carolina, the biggest rivalry is between USC and Clemson, so we had out employees decked out in team gear, we had a raffle going and such, snack for the kids that came in.  We had fun and laughed, but it would have been a little bit better if we had more customers.  Everyone was either at the games or at home watching the games.  But like I said, it was a good day, and I have today off, so it won't be too bad.  I"ll probably be spending my day reading and blogging and maybe even doing some cleaning.  Maybe.

As for my reading week, I actually finished 3 books this week, which is a good week for me.  I'm going to try and finish one today, but we'll see.  I still have to write reviews for them, so hopefully I can get that done today!  I also recorded 2 vlogs this weekend, which feels like a big accomplishment.  One for my September TBR pile and one for for In My Mailbox for this week.

Oh, another exciting thing on the reading front, one of my best friends coworkers started a book club and she invited me to join.  We'll be doing online discussion through facebook I think, and then meeting in the middle of the month and then at the end of the month.  I'm kind of really excited about it, because all of the group reads and stuff I participate in are strictly online, so I think it will be fun to get together with a group.  Our first book is going to be Devil in the White City.

So what was everyone's weekend like?  Have anything planned for tomorrow?


2 comments:

jayne190 said...

My dad and my sister are leaving to different places, leaving me and my mom by ourselves until my dad comes home for a weekend in a couple of weeks. I will probably want to go to sleep early tonight, as I haven't been able to get any sleep tonight.

Unfinished Person said...

The weekend was good. I didn't get a lot of reading done, but did get to spend time with family: Mom, Dad, aunt, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and, of course, wife. I'm now back on a little bit of a reading schedule...finishing up the Charlie Chan murder mystery series here toward the end of the week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...