Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF: Reading Challenges

TGIF is hosted by GReads.  She posts a question, you answer and then link your post.  Its an awesome way to connect with other bloggers.  Sounds like fun?  Hop on over to GReads' blog and look for the latest TGIF post. You can also find future questions :]


This Friday's Question:  
Reading Challenges: Did you sign up for any this year? 
How has your progression been?

The answer to this is yes, yes I did sign up for several challenges.  When I first started blogging, it was in November I believe, so I saw tons of bloggers posting their updates on challenges and knew that I would want to participate after the first of the year.  I may have signed up for some that I wouldn't finish, but I'm okay with that.  I signed up for 4 total, not including my yearly goal.

I thought that I wouldn't have much time to read this year, so I set the goal at 40 books.  I think I broke that by July.  So I upped it to 50.  I've already broken that too.  So I upped it 5 more and there it will say, even though right now I'm at 54 books.  Judging by my progress I think I can make it to 65 before the year is out, if not more!

I got an ereader in December, so I knew that I was going to be spending a lot of time reading ebooks, so I jumped at this challenge.  I set my goal for 20 ebooks, and I beat that a long time ago, so it is completed!

At the beginning of the year, I was reading a lot of my mother's older copies of her books, so I thought that this would be an easy one for me to finish.  Right now I'm sitting at 4 out of 7, so I may finish this or I may not.  I don't know yet.

I read Outlander at the beginning of the year and I fell in love with it and I wanted to read all of the others in the series.  Unfortunately, I started reading other things and I just never got around to it.  Seeing as those are pretty long books, and there are 6 others in the series, I think that I have just accepted defeat on this one!

Uncle Stevie is one of my favorite writers, but there's so much of his work that I haven't read yet, so I figured that this would be a great challenge to participate in.  I set my goal at 6 and I've finished 5.  I know this will be completed because his newest work is on my list for October! :]

To wrap it up, I think reading challenges are fun.  Some people feel like they put a lot of pressure on you, but to me its just to challenge myself in a fun way.  If I don't finish, I don't.  It's that simple. :]

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I forgot to add my Goodreads challenge. I originally set that to 21 but I beat that a month or so ago so upped it to 35, knowing I should hit that by Christmas. I'm almost at 31 now so, pretty good!

I think I'll sign up for some more this year - if I don't manage to complete them, screw it, it's all in the name of fun, right? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...