Monday, October 3, 2011

Manic Monday: September Wrap Up.

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

So this week is going to be a warp up post for the month of September. For the month of September, I read 9 books, but I didn't post that many reviews.  Of the eight books that I had planned on reading, I only read 2.  Yea, that's pretty pitiful.  So, here's a recap of the books read and the reviews that I posted!  Click the title of the book to be taken to my review.

++  Blackstone: Drawing the Circle by Jason Beineke - 4 Star
++  Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie - 4 Star
++  That Day in September by Artie Van Why - 5 Star
++  Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker - 3.5 Star
++  The Undertaker by William Brown - 4 Star
++  The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates - Review Coming Soon!
++  Devil in the White City by Erik Larson - 3 Star
++  A Spy at Home by Joseph Rinaldo - Review Coming Soon!
++  Gone With the Wind by Margret Mitchell - Review Coming Soon!



Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
This month is going to be dedicated to reading horror, mysteries and thrillers.  Seeing as its October, and Halloween is my favorite holiday, I thought it would be great to do that, plus I'm also participating in the Frightful Fall Reviewers Challenge!  Click the link to learn more.



Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday: To kick off the month, I'll be posting the review of The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates
++  Wednesday: A review of A Spy at Home by Joseph Rinaldo.
++ Thursday:  My write up of Gone With the Wind, Part 4
++  Friday: TGIF!
++  Saturday: Maybe IMM, maybe a review.  Who knows!
++ Sunday: The Sunday Salon, as always :]



Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  New Release Tuesday, featuring the newest Four Year Strong and Gregory Maguire
++  In honor of banned books week, I recorded a vlog for ALA's Virtual Read-out!
++  And of course, I had to share my thoughts on censorship and book banning.
++  REVIEW: Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
++  Best of the Bunch for this month!
++  My October TBR pile for the month!
++  Calling all horror fans!  Looking for guest posts!

1 comment:

Alita said...

It looks like you had a great month. I used to plan out my reading, too, but stopped because I was awful at sticking to those plans ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...