Monday, October 10, 2011

Manic Monday: Week of October 10

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

The Siege of Trencher's Farm by Gordon Williams
I can't say too much about this book yet.  I haven't read a whole lot of it, and I can tell you that I haven't gotten into the action yet either.  I should be finished with at least half of it by next Monday or I may even decide to finish the entire thing.  I'll say that the characters are...interesting.  And the transition pattern is terrible.  One minute you're reading about the Magruder family, and then you go to the next paragraph and you're in the bar with the locals.  There's no large space, its just a paragraph jump, so it always takes me a minute to figure out who we're talking about.
But, I'm right at the point where we're going to hit the catalyst for the action I think, so it should be getting good!

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I tried reading this book and could never get into it, so I'm hoping with this read-a-long I'll be able to get through it.  I'm already somewhat confused with the characters, which is never a good sign.  I'm trying to rid my mind of the stigma that got attached to it when I first started reading it.  It's proving to be somewhat difficult though, since I just want to say "This book is stupid and confusing."  But, I'm going to trudge through it.  I'm 20 pages in so far, and I'm really hoping that it gets good and I get to like it!

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
I'll be starting Baby Teeth by Joshua Grover-David Patterson as soon as I get a little farther into Trencher's Farm.  Since this is a novella, I should be finished with it pretty quickly.  I then have a review request called The Demon's Apprentice by Ben Reeder.  Then I have 2 more Patterson books to pick up and then I'll be starting on the pile of Agatha Christie for this month!  Oh wait, I might throw some Stephen King in before that!

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++   Tuesday: New Release Tuesday, Horror Edition!
++   Wednesday: A guest post from Kelly at The Bookscape Report talking about how she loves horror!
++   Thursday: Book review!  Dead of Winter by Brian Moreland.
++   Friday: Two posts for today!  TGIF at Greads and I'll also be posting the write-up for Part 1 of the Anna Karenina Read-a-long at Unputdownables!
++   Saturday: No IMM this week.  I probably won't be getting anything.  But there will be a movie review!  Hellraiser: Inferno!
++   Sunday: The Sunday Salon, as normal :]

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++   The Sunday Salon (22)in which I talk about a whole bunch of random nonsense.
++   Manic Monday: My September Wrap Upwhere I talk about what I read for the month of September.
++    Still looking for horror guests posts!  Come be a guest poster!
++    Review of The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates
++    Review of A Spy at Home by Joseph Rinaldo
++    My write-up for Gone With the Wind, part 4!
++    TGIF, where we talk about out to be read piles
++    Review of Blood Calling by Joshua Grover-David Patterson
++   My Starting post for the Anna Karenina Read-a-long!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, you've got big reading plans this month! I thought my goal to read 8 more was crazy!

LeighannesLit said...

I always make huge plans and I'm lucky if I accomplish half of them! Last month I failed pretty horribly at keeping plans, this month I hope to have better luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...