Monday, October 17, 2011

Manic Monday: Week of October 17

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]


Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I'm reading it, but rather than posting my thoughts here, I'll redirect you to the first post about my progress in the read-a-long.  Remember, if you're interested, there's still time to sign up and participate!

The Demon's Apprentice by Ben Reeder.
As I sit typing this, I haven't gotten very far in this book.  Not because its not interesting, but from lack of time.  It seems like its going to be interesting though.  There's all kinds of talk about magic and stealing bits of people's souls and the like.  So far, we've been immediately drawn into the action, so i'm interested to see where Reeder is going to take me.

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
Not a whole lot has changed since last week for the things I'll be picking up next.  I finished Baby Teeth last week.  I want to read Mile 81 by Stephen King and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley this month, so after I finish The Demon's Apprentice, I'm going to get those two done.  Then I want to at least get one or 2 Agatha Christie read before I start on the last 2 Patterson books I have.

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++   Tuesday: NRT this week will be featuring the newest in the Beautiful Creatures series and the upcoming release from Florence + the Machine.
++   Wednesday: A review of The Siege of Trencher's Farm by Gordon Williams
++   Thursday: Movie review! Army of Darkness (1993). "Ash, Housewares."
++   Friday: TGIF this week is talking about the book bloggers that we love :]  There will also be the write up of Part 2 of The Anna Karenina Read-a-long.
++   Saturday: Another movie review!  The Thing (2011).
++   Sunday: Of course, the Sunday Salon, as normal.

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++   New Release Tuesday: Horror Edition, featuring the author of Let The Right One In and the upcoming release from Alesana.
++   Guest Post from Kelly of The Bookscape Report where she talks about why she loves horror.
++   Book Review of Dead of Winter by Brian Moreland.  I enjoyed it!  4 out of 5 stars!
++   TGIF: Show & Tell where we talk about our favorite places to read.
++   First post of the Anna Karenina Read-a-long!  Featuring a vlog talking about first impressions of characters.
++   Movie Review of Hellraiser: Inferno (2000).  It was...okay.
++   The Sunday Salon (24), where I talk about how much I love the covers of certain Agatha Christie books and ask for prayers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...