Monday, October 24, 2011

Manic Monday: Week of October 24

We all know that Mondays are typically pretty manic for us all.  Honestly, who in the world likes Mondays?!  So here's an attempt for me to organize my thoughts for the week.  Here you'll find what I'm reading, what I will picking up next, different posts that you can expect in the upcoming week, and a recap of the posts from last week!  And anything else I see fit, of course :]

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.
Once again, not putting my thoughts here, but pointing you in the direction of my week 2 post for the readalong!  But we warned, if you've never read the book, you probably shouldn't read that post.  Just know that I'm liking it so far :]

Murder in Three Acts by Agatha Christie
I kept staring at the pile of Agatha Christie at the foot of my bed and decided that I really wanted to start one.  I wasn't going to until I finished Frankenstein, but I couldn't help myself.  At 80 pages in, there's been 2 murders and we're finally getting more clues.  I have my suspicions, but Christie always throws you for a loop so we'll see how right I am at the end!

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
I'm really enjoying this one so far.  Yes, many people think it is a crime that I haven't read this classic before, but I think it has something to do with where I live as to why it was never required reading.  This isn't a very long read and I'm hoping to get it finished this week, but we'll see how this goes considering all the things I have going on!

Photobucket

What will I be picking up next?
Like I said, I told myself that I was going to finish Frankenstein before I picked up anything else, but Christie was beckoning and I couldn't help myself.  I think I'll finish both Shelley and Christie pretty easily and then I'll move on to the rest of my pile of Christie.  I want to get at least one more of hers read before the end of the month.  I think I can accomplish that pretty easily!

Photobucket

What can you expect this week?
++  Tuesday: NRT, featuring the upcoming release from Diana Gabaldon as well as the upcoming album from Tegan and Sarah.
++  Wednesday:  A review of Baby Teeth by Joshua Grover-David Patterson
++  Thursday: A book review of The Demon's Apprentice by Ben Reeder and a movie review of Inception (2010)
++  Friday: TGIF, talking about Spooktacular reads, as well as the week 3 post about Anna Karenina.
++  Saturday:  Not really sure, I'll surprise you :]
++  Sunday: The Sunday Salon, with all of the random fun that it provides.

Photobucket

In case you missed it....
++  My wrap up post for The Great Gone With the Wind readalong.
++  New Release Tuesday, featuring the upcoming release from Florence and the Machine, as well as the newest in the Beautiful Creatures series.
++  Review of The Siege of Trencher's Farm.  2.75 stars out of 5.  It wasn't spectacular.
++  Review of Mile 81 by Stephen King.  A flat 2 out of 5. :[
++  Movie review of Army of Darkness.  Always an A.  Hail to the king, baby.
++  TGIF: Book Blogs that you love, where I list 5 blogs that I love and that you should, too.
++  Movie Review of The Thing (2011).  Definitely worth seeing in my opinion.
++  Anna Karenina, Week 2, where I answer some questions about how I feel about the book so far.
++  The Sunday Salon, where I talk about the asshole extraordinaire that approached me on Amazon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...