Thursday, October 27, 2011

Movie Review: Inception (2010)

Inception movie poster
Title: Inception
Release Date: July 16, 2010
Run Time: 2 hours and 28 minutes
Genre: Action/Adventure, Science Fiction
Rating: B

I heard that this movie was a must see for months and months and months.  Of course there were other people that said that it was terrible and never to watch it.  Oh, you naysayers.  For a while I searched for a cheap copy and came up empty, until Target answered the calling and I got it for $10.  And then I watched it.

Excuse the vulgarity, but MINDFUCK.  That's exactly what this movie is.  But, that being said, its a good movie.
Basically, Dom Cobb works trying to extract important information from people's dreams.  Then he is hired on by someone to try and plant an idea into someone's mind while making them think that they are the original creators of the idea.  And we have Inception.

First, I'll start out saying the Christopher Nolan really love certain actors because a good bit of the cast that was in Batman was in this movie.  Which was fine, the actors were fantastic, I loved Ellen Page and basically all the actors.  This was a super long movie, and they already had to cut some plot points I think, so there was a bit of a disconnect in some of the relationships between the characters, but its very easily overlooked.

This movie was pretty suspenseful.  They have this plan and immediately it starts going wrong, so they have to improvise.  So you're sitting there thinking OHMYGOSH ARE THEY GOING TO ACCOMPLISH THE MISSION?!  I CAN'T TAKE THIS!  Or, that was me anyway.
The special effects were great, I wish I had scene it in IMAX.  That would have made it even better.
However, we go through this great movie, with great acting, with great suspense and you're like of course this is going to be a great ending right?  NO.  Eff you Christopher Nolan, eff you.  It wasn't a bad ending, but it was an open ending.  One of those were you question, did it happen, or did it not happen?  And if you're like me, you just want to be told what happened and be done with it.  But, overall a good movie.

Good plot, good acting, crazy suspense, stupid open ending, SUPER FREAKING LONG, but, it was a good movie.  I give it a B, just because I'm still mad at the ending.  But really, if you were on the fence about it, I say watch it.  It is long, but it's not a waste of 3 hours, promise.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...