Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Release Tuesday (24)

New Release Tuesday is a weekly feature where I share what I'm excited about in both books and music. Sometimes its release day is close, other times it can be several weeks or months in advance. I only feature one for each category, but there a LOADS of new and upcoming releases and you can find them by visiting B&N.com or FYE.com!
Title:  Beautiful Chaos
Author:  Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Release Date:  October 18, 2011
book cover of Beautiful Chaos by Kami GarciaSummary:  Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.
Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

Why I'm Excited:  While I've actually never read any of this series, I have been seeing this cover and the covers from the two previous books in the series all over the blogosphere.  There are so many people who are eagerly anticipating the release of this book and the reviews that I've read from the first two really make me want to give these books a shot!
Album Title:  Ceremonials
Artist:  Florence + the Machine.
Release Date:  November 1, 2011
Florence + the Machine Ceremonials album coverWhy I'm Excited: Oh myyyy.  I heard "Cosmic Love" once and I was hooked.  I got the debut album Lungs and I was in love.  Florence has one of the most amazing voices that I have ever heard and she sings with such passion that its incredible.  Her music is amazing and I have been eagerly anticipating a new release for some time.  Shows how much I pay attention though, I didn't know that this was coming out until I was checking some things out to make this post!  Her debut album was phenomenal and I can't wait to see what this album has in store for us.  If you're a fan of female vocalists and haven't listened to Florence yet, I need you to get on it and get her album!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...