Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Sunday Salon (23)

October got off to a pretty good start!
As far as reading and blogging goes, I've been reading pretty steadily, aside from this weekend and I've been keeping up with posting still and what not.  I only finished one book this week, Blood Calling, which I really enjoyed.  I might end up finishing another book tonight, we'll see how that goes.  I really need to get started on Trencher's Farm since my book club meeting is next week and I need to be halfway done.  I may even try to finish it.
I probably would have finished it this weekend, if it wasn't for the mini movie marathons I had a night.  I watched Inception, Hellraiser: Inferno, and Army of Darkness.  I'm going to be reviewing them in the next few weeks :]
Oh, and on a side note, I'm still looking for people interested in guest posting this month!  If you're a fan of horror and you want to talk about it, send me an email!  I'd love to have you guest post!


So, if you say my post yesterday, I took on another endeavor.  I tried reading Anna Karenina earlier this year and just couldn't get into it.  It was confusing, about the only thing I could make out was that someone was having an affair only I didn't know who, so I said screw this, and put it aside.  Life's too short right?  Well that doesn't change the fact that I really wanted to read it, since I hear people all the time talking about it, so I signed up for a read-a-long.
If you follow my blog, you also know that I read Gone With the Wind as a read-a-long.  I think with long books like that, it helps when you have it split up and for me, it also helps when you have other people to discuss it with.  The only people that I know of that read are in the book club, and they're not reading this, and I don't think they would read it either.  Either way, I enjoy read-a-longs.  I don't think I would have ever read Gone With the Wind if it weren't for the read-a-long.

What about you all?  Have you participated in read-a-longs?  Did you enjoy it?  And if you haven't ever participated in one, do you think you would ever be interested?  I wanna know! :]

6 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I started rereading The Handmaid's Tale in a read-along, but didn't finish it until this morning. But I'm glad I reread it. I've also got Gone with the Wind on my stacks for a reread.

I read Anna Karenina a long, long time ago...I wonder what I'd think of it now?

Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST and
MY WEBSITE

Alyce Reese said...

I've only participated in one readalong and that was actually for The Handmaid's Tale too. I really liked Anna Karenina, but I read it when I had a lot of time on my hands. It definitely can be confusing and wear on you if you have more interesting things to read and do. :)

LeighannesLit said...

I know its one of those classics that you NEED to read. I think if I can just keep all the characters straight, I'll be okay!

LeighannesLit said...

I almost participated in The Handmaid's Tale readalong, but I had too many other books to read at the time.
I would say reread Anna Karenina, but its such a long book. Once I read it once, I don't know if I'll ever read it again, but we'll see!

Mandy@ Adventures in Borkdom said...

I love the Evil Dead movies! Can't wait to read your review of Army of Darkness soon!

LeighannesLit said...

Bruce Campbell's the man :]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...