Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Sunday Salon (24)

Welcome to another edition of the salon.  This week is going to be more of a post about personal things than anything.

Last night, we had a party at the house with my family and a bunch of family friends.  I enjoyed, had a fantastic time and had a little too much to drink, but I was at home, so it was fine.  I didn't feel too hot this morning, but i'm slowly recovering.  I have a book club meeting tonight, so I hope that I feel good enough to go.
On to a more serious matter.  Last week, my grandmother was at home and suddenly realized that she couldn't see and one side of her face was tingling.  She couldn't call 911.  A neighbor came to visit her, and they got her to a hospital and ran some tests.  We've been waiting to see what the results were.  This morning, we found out.  She has an artery in the beck of her neck that is 80% blocked.  Because of where it is, it is inoperable.  They're going to try different medications to see if they can get the blockage to deteriorate, but its like a time bomb just waiting to happen.  We're devastated.  She was supposed to be flying down in December to come to my graduation and we don't know if that will be possible or what will happen between now and then.  Keep my family in your prayers.  The more the better.  This is going to be pretty rough.

Enough talk about the depressing things.
Here's something from Friday that made me super happy.  I've been getting some hardcover Agatha Christie books from my local BAM for about $5 each.  They have the prettiest covers and I can't wait to get them on my shelf.  If you watch my October TBR vlog you can see some of them there.  Anyway, I've been on a book buying ban.  I went into BAM to just look, but I saw 3 of the books that I didn't have and they were the last ones, so I HAD to get them.  So I did.  I broke my ban, but the end result was this beautiful pile of books that you see here.  I got to thinking about it, and I started to wonder how many total were in the set, and I looked.  I'm still missing 13 of them :[  If my BAM has them in stock, I can get them for $5 a piece, but anywhere else online, then run between $9-$12.  I think I might see if I can find any used ones at 2nd and Charles next time I get to go.  But I REALLY want to get them all.  That picture is pretty, but imagine how gorgeous it will be when I have all of them?!

That's about all I have for today.  Going to be making the rounds to everyone else soon.  I hope you all have had a good weekend!

11 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

We don't have a BAM near here (Books a Million?)...but I think one might go into the old Borders store.

What a nice collection of books!

I am sending positive thoughts for your grandmother's recovery. Those kinds of events are very scary.

Hope you have a great weekend....here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST and
MY WEBSITE

Natasha F. Vasillis said...

I am so sorry about your grandmother. I'll keep her in my prayers.

I love the way your books look! Have a great week.

debnance said...

Those books are incredibly beautiful! I can see why you feel compelled to buy them.

LeighannesLit said...

When I have the 13 I'm missing, its going to look AMAZING. Very excited to start getting them!

LeighannesLit said...

Thank you!

I'm a sucker for the pretty colors :]

LeighannesLit said...

I was talking about Books a Million. I would much rather have a Barnes and Noble, but I do love their $5 deals at BAM!

And thanks for your thoughts, it means a lot <3

Gavin R said...

Sorry about you Grandmother, you and your family are in my thoughts.

Those Christie's are just beautiful!

LeighannesLit said...

Thank you for that, it is much appreciated!

I can't wait to get the whole collection and get them on my bookshelf. It is going to look SO fantastic. Talk about the little things that bring you joy! haha

Unfinished Person said...

Thanks. I was wondering what BAM was too.

S.Leighanne @ Leighanne's Lit said...

Sorry about that! I was too lazy to type it out and thought people would know what it was. My fault!

Jillian said...

Oh, just saw this. I hope your grandmother's okay. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...