Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Sunday Salon (26)

I can't believe that October is already drawing to a close!  It went by so fast!  And I now have 39 more days until I graduate college.  It feels weird to say that.  I'm so excited though and I'm so excited for the next step in my life.  I can't wait to get out of here and start my life with the man I love.  It's going to be a challenge, but I'm ready for it.
Enough about that.
My life has been fairly uninteresting.  Went and saw my dad's band play last night, they were fantastic, I saw a lot of great costumes, and then the end of the night was less than desirable.
I made it through my hell week of mid terms and various other things.  I hardly had any time to read last week, which I hated, but I got the things done that I needed to, so that's a plus.

As for reading, this month I've read 8 books.  That's a normal month for me, and I'm surprised I got that many read, considering what all I had to do this month.  I'll do a monthly wrap up post sometime this week.  Even though Monday is the last day of the month, I think I'll do it Monday.
I've also been working on what I want to read for the month of November.  I know I have 5 ebooks that were requested for review that I have to get done.  I think that most of them are short, but I'm trying to figure out just what I want to read.  I have the enormous stack of Agatha Christie that I didn't get to this month, or I could make a theme out of it and take all of the historical fiction from my shelves and get some of those read.  I've really been eyeing my copy of The Boleyn Inheritance, as well as the few Anchee Min I have on my shelves, so I think I might make it another themed reading month.

How do you pick out books for your TBR?  Do you just grab whatever looks good, or do you plan it out for the month?  If so, do you pick a theme?  Share in the comments!

5 comments:

Unfinished Person said...

As you well know, I don't plan very far ahead. It's roughly whatever strikes my eyes at the time. "Yep, that looks good."

What kind of music does your dad's band play?

S.Leighanne @ Leighanne's Lit said...

Sometimes, that's the best way to do things :]

They're a cover band and they play a little bit of everything. Old rock like Ted Nugent, Tom Petty, Van Halen, to some newer stuff from Buck Cherry, Weezer, and Kings of Leon. It's a lot of fun going to see them :]

Unfinished Person said...

Wow...that sounds cool. I thought you were going to say country or something like that. :)

S.Leighanne @ Leighanne's Lit said...

Oh noooooo! I was raised on the classics. I may be Southern, but country music does not make an appearance in my household lol

Melissa Wiebe said...

I just kinda grab what I feel like reading, but it seems that whatever comes in from the library, especially those on 2-week loans, take precedence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...